Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kernel Sanders
    • By Kernel Sanders 15th Oct 16, 11:09 PM
    • 2,861Posts
    • 1,210Thanks
    Kernel Sanders
    Lapsed Nationwide RAF referrals
    • 15th Oct 16, 11:09 PM
    Lapsed Nationwide RAF referrals 15th Oct 16 at 11:09 PM
    I got my mother to recommend me on 4 January but I never got round to applying within the 90 day limit. I do now want to apply for a Flex Direct current account, so does she just need to refer me again, or is it one chance and that's it? These are the most detailed T & Cs I can find http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/service/raf-conditions
    Last edited by Kernel Sanders; 15-10-2016 at 11:57 PM.
    #JeSuisCharlie
Page 1
    • TheShape
    • By TheShape 16th Oct 16, 12:30 AM
    • 421 Posts
    • 209 Thanks
    TheShape
    • 16th Oct 16, 12:30 AM
    • 16th Oct 16, 12:30 AM
    I got my mother to recommend me on 4 January but I never got round to applying within the 90 day limit. I do now want to apply for a Flex Direct current account, so does she just need to refer me again, or is it one chance and that's it? These are the most detailed T & Cs I can find http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/service/raf-conditions
    Originally posted by Kernel Sanders
    Can't see anything in those t&cs that say you can't just get another referral. Do it again.
    • tg99
    • By tg99 16th Oct 16, 3:44 PM
    • 403 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    tg99
    • 16th Oct 16, 3:44 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 3:44 PM
    I asked the same question to Nationwide about a year or so ago and yes it was just a case of referring again.
    • Kernel Sanders
    • By Kernel Sanders 20th Oct 16, 4:26 PM
    • 2,861 Posts
    • 1,210 Thanks
    Kernel Sanders
    • 20th Oct 16, 4:26 PM
    • 20th Oct 16, 4:26 PM
    OK I'm about to reapply. Would it be prudent to get my mother to change the email address?
    • TheShape
    • By TheShape 20th Oct 16, 10:30 PM
    • 421 Posts
    • 209 Thanks
    TheShape
    • 20th Oct 16, 10:30 PM
    • 20th Oct 16, 10:30 PM
    OK I'm about to reapply. Would it be prudent to get my mother to change the email address?
    Doubt that will be necessary but won't hurt to use a different email if easy enough to do.
    • Ashen
    • By Ashen 21st Oct 16, 12:56 AM
    • 289 Posts
    • 168 Thanks
    Ashen
    • 21st Oct 16, 12:56 AM
    • 21st Oct 16, 12:56 AM
    I referred a family member in January, they then applied for an account, but Nationwide required ID to open it and it never got finalised.

I referred them again a couple of months ago, same emails, the incentive has just been paid.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

592Posts Today

3,456Users online

Martin's Twitter