Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • trouble53
    • By trouble53 15th Oct 16, 11:09 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    trouble53
    Hotpoint Tumbler Dryer
    • 15th Oct 16, 11:09 PM
    Hotpoint Tumbler Dryer 15th Oct 16 at 11:09 PM
    Hi,

Got a replacement tumble dryer though Domestic and General Insurance, paid an extra 59.00 to get a better one, so got a Hotpoint Aquarius. Received it on the 1/9/16 had to get an engineer in on 13th October, as when I used it it all stopped. When he came on the 13 apparently he replaced 3 parts, but after numerous phone calls the dryer is still not fixed. he told me Hotpoint will ring. Today still no phone call so I phoned them, the engineer is coming back on the 20th to replace another 2 parts. This is a brand new machine. used the most 5 times, ( I live on my own, and if the weather is good I put washing on line.) I asked for a replacement machine today, but they told me as it was over 28 days this cannot happen, and the machine has to be repaired three times before they will look at this. Surely this cannot be right - the machine is just six weeks old and not been able to use it for a week so far. Can anyone advise me how I could get a replacement?. Thanks
Page 1
    • bris
    • By bris 16th Oct 16, 12:08 AM
    • 6,137 Posts
    • 5,092 Thanks
    bris
    • 16th Oct 16, 12:08 AM
    • 16th Oct 16, 12:08 AM
    You can reject it for a refund as its had a failed repair but they don't have to replace it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

419Posts Today

2,783Users online

Martin's Twitter