Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• Kernel Sanders
    • By Kernel Sanders 15th Oct 16, 10:53 PM
    • 2,843Posts
    • 1,209Thanks
    Kernel Sanders
    Can't get past My Account review on Gmail
    • 15th Oct 16, 10:53 PM
    Can't get past My Account review on Gmail 15th Oct 16 at 10:53 PM
    It's the page with the blue strip across the top which says 'Control, protect, and secure your account, all in one place' and invites you to check and change your settings. I've changed a couple but no link to my emails appears. Annoying, because I only have Gmail for Email and don't use any of the other stuff.
Page 1
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 16th Oct 16, 1:43 AM
    • 11,976 Posts
    • 11,386 Thanks
    • 16th Oct 16, 1:43 AM
    • 16th Oct 16, 1:43 AM
    I used to get something similar for a few days, no idea why it didn't vanish the first time but the way around it was to find the "continue" or right arrow tab which is not so easy to see but exists somewhere on the page. Once you've gone past that it should let you see a full screen page where your email account is on the top right hand side; not your profile or account page but your email page.

At least this is what I remember having to do a few years ago after a starting again on a wiped PC. If you hover your mouse over anything before clicking on it, it will tell you what it is- you're not looking for your account or profile, you are looking to click on your email.

Sorry I can't be much clearer- I'm going on memory alone here. But do remember it happening to me and it being fairly straightforward to bypass-it's just about finding the correct (and not obvious) tab to click.
    • ballyblack
    • By ballyblack 16th Oct 16, 11:50 AM
    • 2,946 Posts
    • 1,472 Thanks
    • 16th Oct 16, 11:50 AM
    • 16th Oct 16, 11:50 AM
    Just above the long blue stripe, look for small square with nine small dots ........TOP RIGHT near the end

Clicking on this gives a menu which includes 'GMAIL'

Last edited by ballyblack; 16-10-2016 at 11:52 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

266Posts Today

1,671Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Superb and chilling piece on #newsnight right now, animated reading from someone under ISIS rule in Mosul

• In my view that's a usually a mistake see my

• Does anyone know when we get US election results - ie is it a watch it overnight on morning of 9nov or watch the next day, or is it days?

• Follow Martin