Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fionah
    • By fionah 15th Oct 16, 10:26 PM
    • 41Posts
    • 5Thanks
    fionah
    Issue PAC within 14 day cooling off period
    • 15th Oct 16, 10:26 PM
    Issue PAC within 14 day cooling off period 15th Oct 16 at 10:26 PM
    I just joined Three mobile but have found the network service terrible so far, so intending to leave within my 14 day cooling off period and port my number to EE instead.

I called Three and they said that they would cancel my contract, but only issue the PAC 24-48 hours AFTER the contract is cancelled. They said this was because it was within the cooling off period.

This would mean I would not have access to my phone number for up to 3 days (including the turnaround time for EE to use the PAC).

Is it correct that Three cannot give me my PAC before the end of the termination of the contract? Is there any workaround?
Page 1
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 15th Oct 16, 10:58 PM
    • 2,510 Posts
    • 643 Thanks
    Anthorn
    • 15th Oct 16, 10:58 PM
    • 15th Oct 16, 10:58 PM
    Debatable. Personally, I think they have it wrong way around: They should issue the PAC and then cancel the contract when you give your PAC to another network. It's a legal requirement to provide your PAC within 2 hours. If they were to close your account and disconnect your number it is then impossible to get a PAC.
    Saving for Xmas 2017 - A pound a day - 30/365

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that someone isn't out to get you

Unsliced bread: You can have it any thickness you want! The wonders of modern technology.
    • fionah
    • By fionah 17th Oct 16, 1:50 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    fionah
    • 17th Oct 16, 1:50 PM
    • 17th Oct 16, 1:50 PM
    Hi Anthorn,
    Thank you for your reply. I will phone Three and query this again.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,847Posts Today

6,562Users online

Martin's Twitter