Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JustAnotherSaver
    • By JustAnotherSaver 15th Oct 16, 8:11 PM
    • 1,974Posts
    • 294Thanks
    JustAnotherSaver
    Buying console games on the cheap?
    • 15th Oct 16, 8:11 PM
    Buying console games on the cheap? 15th Oct 16 at 8:11 PM
    The last time i had a console was PS2 & i remember you could pick up pre-owned games for a fairly decent price in shops like Game & Gamestation (other game stores are available )

Picked up a Wii U & a PS4 in recent weeks.

Went to CEX & their prices for pre-owned games are shocking. They want damn near brand new price. If a brand new item was £45 & they're selling at £40 then it's not much of a saving is it :-/

Are there any known websites that deal in pre-owned games at a reasonable price or are we just looking at the regulars (eBay / Amazon)?

Game wasn't really any better than CEX, if anything they were £5 dearer for the games i was looking at.

Page 1
    • Mr_Toad
    • By Mr_Toad 15th Oct 16, 8:41 PM
    • 2,333 Posts
    • 3,613 Thanks
    Mr_Toad
    • 15th Oct 16, 8:41 PM
    • 15th Oct 16, 8:41 PM
    I go to the Melton Mowbray cattle market every couple of weeks, well as the animals and feeds there's a good market.

I picked up Call of Duty Ghosts for XBox 360 for £3 in perfect condition. They had loads of pre-owned stuff in great condition for £3 to £6 for XBox and PS4

All original games, no illegal copies.

Have you got a decent market near you that you can try?
    One by one the penguins are slowly stealing my sanity.
    • JustAnotherSaver
    • By JustAnotherSaver 15th Oct 16, 10:36 PM
    • 1,974 Posts
    • 294 Thanks
    JustAnotherSaver
    • 15th Oct 16, 10:36 PM
    • 15th Oct 16, 10:36 PM
    Well, we have a market. They're all set up on a Saturday but since i only get at the very most 17 off per year (usually around 13-15) it's here & there.

Not sure if there's a stall selling games. I'd have to take a closer look. We have some selling books but don't recall ever seeing a games one

• DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 15th Oct 16, 11:09 PM
    • 27,771 Posts
    • 17,534 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 15th Oct 16, 11:09 PM
    • 15th Oct 16, 11:09 PM
    Buying newly released games will be expensive but buying games that were released last year or year before may well be cheaper. Some games hold the value well eg gta 5.
    Je Suis Charlie
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,844Posts Today

7,336Users online

Martin's Twitter