Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • emmieb79
    • By emmieb79 15th Oct 16, 8:10 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    emmieb79
    Ebay refund under warranty - seller ignoring emails
    • 15th Oct 16, 8:10 PM
    Ebay refund under warranty - seller ignoring emails 15th Oct 16 at 8:10 PM
    I purchased something from ebay that stated it came with a 1 year warranty and I paid via Paypal. I have been using the item for 5 1/2 months and it has ceased to work. I have contacted the seller on numerous occasions and they are clearly ignoring my emails. I don't appear to be able to open a claim against them due to the time that has expired, any idea if there is anything else I can do to get a replacement / refund?

Thanks.
Page 1
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 16th Oct 16, 9:46 AM
    • 9,686 Posts
    • 6,506 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 16th Oct 16, 9:46 AM
    • 16th Oct 16, 9:46 AM
    Is this a business seller?
    "I suggest you read who's thread this is and you will find its MINE". sic
    • emmieb79
    • By emmieb79 16th Oct 16, 9:49 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    emmieb79
    • 16th Oct 16, 9:49 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 9:49 PM
    Hi, yes appears to be a business seller. Thanks.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 17th Oct 16, 7:34 AM
    • 9,686 Posts
    • 6,506 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 17th Oct 16, 7:34 AM
    • 17th Oct 16, 7:34 AM
    There will be business seller details - their address - on the listing.

Assuming they are in the UK and your timings are correct (6 months) - I suggest you write to them via Signed For and also by email. Keep copies of both. Explain that under the Consumer Rights Act you require a repair or replacement. Make sure you refer to your first request date as you need to be within the 6 month deadline.

To be clear this is a right under that act and has nothing to do with any guarantee offered. Your rights under the CRA will likely be stronger than any guarantee within the first 6 months, so use the CRA.

This link may give you some help and offer a template letter http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act
    "I suggest you read who's thread this is and you will find its MINE". sic
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,726Posts Today

7,126Users online

Martin's Twitter