Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 15th Oct 16, 8:04 PM
    • 55,968Posts
    • 321,556Thanks
    PasturesNew
    You're a Celebrity - Get Me Into There!
    • 15th Oct 16, 8:04 PM
    You're a Celebrity - Get Me Into There! 15th Oct 16 at 8:04 PM
    Do you ever find yourself, over time, seeing celebrities on the telly and thinking "I'd really like your entire career"?

Who is it?

I'm just watching Tony Robinson's new telly programme where he's walking ancient walkways of England.

I'd like to be Tony Robinson:

- first he's got his own "spot" in celebrity land by being Baldrick in the popular Black Adder series. There's a nice little life-long earner for you.
    - then he did that exciting Time Team - standing around watching stuff be dug up for years, another little life-long earner.
    - then he did a coastal walks programme, going to interesting places and hearing about local legends.
    - now he's walking ancient walkways and discovering local legends and old burial grounds.

.... I want Tony's job - whose career would you have liked to have nabbed for yourself?
Page 1
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 15th Oct 16, 9:06 PM
    • 55,968 Posts
    • 321,556 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    • 15th Oct 16, 9:06 PM
    • 15th Oct 16, 9:06 PM
    .... these people got to where they are by hard work and savviness....
    Originally posted by numatic blonde
    Well, yes.... but now he's doing interesting stuff

He is actually a celebrity who didn't "just land on his feet through nepotism", but he did start out being born in London, where you are exposed to more ideas/opportunity and accessibility that make you think that things are achievable.

He did a LOT of "proper work" and jobs long before Black Adder. Many can't say they did that .... many are where they are mostly due to "hidden hands"....

He deserves his - which is probably why he's "such a nice chap" and overall somebody that's watchable on the telly (and not arrogantly annoying like so many).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,958Posts Today

6,929Users online

Martin's Twitter