Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• Jlawson118
    • By Jlawson118 15th Oct 16, 7:11 PM
    • 188Posts
    • 17Thanks
    Barclaycard Indian Call Centre..should I regret my choices now?
    • 15th Oct 16, 7:11 PM
    Barclaycard Indian Call Centre..should I regret my choices now? 15th Oct 16 at 7:11 PM
    So I was using the Lloyds Avios credit card for most of this year, but I figured out that they also have terrible customer service, but at least their call centres are English!

I chose Barclaycard Freedom Rewards because I use a lot of their partners so earning points will be quite easy, easier than Avios. Although I just wanted to pay my bill but it wouldn't let me add another card within 30 days, so I phoned them up and greeted by an Indian man. By me asking if I could somehow add another card to my account, he placed me on hold to put me through to the 'Financial Difficulties' department.

I got so frustrated, I just hung up. I can't believe such companies like Barclaycard would use Indian Call centres! Although saying that, these past few months I've realised that 'British Airways' use them as well. The most British flight company uses these.

Should I regret my choices of moving to Barclaycard already?
Page 2
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 17th Oct 16, 4:17 AM
    • 3,377 Posts
    • 1,009 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    There is no evidence of this whatsoever - it's simply to save money for the company.

It's quite distasteful to imply that preferring local services is racist.

Not necessarily, but you might wish to reconsider your apparent sense of indignant outrage that many large companies choose to use call centres outside the UK in order to keep costs down and be in a position to offer more tempting products to their customers.
    Originally posted by eskbanker
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,562Posts Today

6,124Users online

Martin's Twitter