Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• mohawk1
    • By mohawk1 15th Oct 16, 6:30 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Is this deal for the smart meter?
    • 15th Oct 16, 6:30 PM
    Is this deal for the smart meter? 15th Oct 16 at 6:30 PM
    Might be a silly question, but if I go with this supplier directly, it says I can have a smart meter, but doesn't say anything like this if I go through this site?

Screenshot: http :// i.imgur. com /VOMyiv1. png (You'll have to correct the url spacing, because I'm not allowed to properly post links due to how new my account is!
Page 1
    • sacsquacco
    • By sacsquacco 15th Oct 16, 11:41 PM
    • 3,659 Posts
    • 2,422 Thanks
    • 15th Oct 16, 11:41 PM
    • 15th Oct 16, 11:41 PM
    Its entirely up to you if you want to accept a smart meter. When your meter comes to its exchange time like most of the old Imperial gas meters are, its your choice to go smart or stay dumb . Be aware that if you elect to have a smart meter it will revert to being dumb if you switch supplier.New meters will be fitted eventually which stay smart when switching suppliers
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

554Posts Today

5,037Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Morning. On way to @gmb for my 7:40 Deals of the Week; incl clock change warning, free £200, Brit Gas £200 off, railcard code, eurostar sale

• RT @Magwa61: @MartinSLewis thank you Sorry I thought it was you, conning sids ????????????????????????????????????

• No. It's NEVER the right way to switch energy. Please don't confused these 'moneyexpert' sales reps with my site mo?

• Follow Martin