Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• yellowbrick
    • By yellowbrick 15th Oct 16, 12:57 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Saturday confusion
    • 15th Oct 16, 12:57 PM
    Saturday confusion 15th Oct 16 at 12:57 PM
    As a newbie here, I've found this forum very useful and informative so no confusion there.
    My confusion comes from a letter received this morning from Amex, saying my account was being referred to external collections agency NCO.
    I'm currently on a DMP with StepChange and this Amex a/c is already with NCO and has been for a few years receiving regular payments.
    I thought I'd check on the NCO website with the reference number I have and it is now saying cancelled. That's the confusing thing - this months payment was paid on the 6th, the letter dated the 10th, so is it a case of sitting tight and waiting for further info from NCO & updating DMP online when this arrives (as I assume there will be a different reference number) or do I contact NCO direct?
    Many thanks in advance for any replies!
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 15th Oct 16, 1:10 PM
    • 7,803 Posts
    • 7,662 Thanks
    • 15th Oct 16, 1:10 PM
    • 15th Oct 16, 1:10 PM

Majority of these letters are computer generated, could be :

(A) System catching up

(B) Computer glitch

(C) Both of the above

(D) None of the above

Wait and see basically, stepchange will still make payment on your behalf, someone will claim it eventually.

For free debt advice please call National Debtline on
    0808 808 4000
    Monday to Friday
    9am to 9pm
    Saturday 9.30am to 1pm
  • StepChange_Richard
    • 17th Oct 16, 9:38 AM
    • 17th Oct 16, 9:38 AM
    Hi there,

Just spotted your post...

Sourcrates is probably right in suggesting the possibilities for this.

If you're in any doubt or if it's causing concern, it would be best to give us a call and we'll investigate it further. You should have the number for us, if not you can find it here.

Hope this helps.

Take care
    I work as a debt advisor for StepChange Debt Charity and have specific permission from Martin to post on these boards to try and help those in debt. Read more information on StepChange Debt Charity in the Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help article. If you find you're struggling with debt and you need further help try our online advice facility Debt Remedy.

Don't be afraid of getting debt advice. We'll help you take one more step towards getting help with your debt.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

161Posts Today

1,867Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Magwa61: @MartinSLewis thank you Sorry I thought it was you, conning sids ????????????????????????????????????

• No. It's NEVER the right way to switch energy. Please don't confused these 'moneyexpert' sales reps with my site mo?

• The MSE weekly email: Energy hike warning, No7 trick, £400 marriage bonus, £3 photo mug, railcard 15%off, 3.1% loan

• Follow Martin