Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • ladymarmalade222
    • By ladymarmalade222 15th Oct 16, 11:58 AM
    • 611Posts
    • 554Thanks
    Buildings insurance
    • #1
    • 15th Oct 16, 11:58 AM
    Buildings insurance 15th Oct 16 at 11:58 AM
    I am getting closer to exchange on my purchase. I have received a letter from my solicitor saying I need to arrange buildings insurance which must note the interest of your lender.

    Is there only specific insurers that will add this as I do recall a thread last week where insurance had been taken out but the insurance company would not add the interest in the wording so the OP had to change it.

    Any recommendations which insurance companies do this?

    Many thanks

Page 1
    • ThePants999
    • By ThePants999 15th Oct 16, 1:13 PM
    • 1,044 Posts
    • 1,212 Thanks
    • #2
    • 15th Oct 16, 1:13 PM
    • #2
    • 15th Oct 16, 1:13 PM
    Most will, if you ask them to. If you need a specific name, I'm with More Th>n and they did it.
    • G_M
    • By G_M 15th Oct 16, 2:07 PM
    • 43,386 Posts
    • 51,071 Thanks
    • #3
    • 15th Oct 16, 2:07 PM
    • #3
    • 15th Oct 16, 2:07 PM
    Use the usual comparison sites.

    Get quotes from the insurers not on comparison sites.

    Check the policies.

    Select your preferred insurer.

    Check they'll note the mortgage lender's interest.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

144Posts Today

1,491Users online

Martin's Twitter