Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MarkXy
    • By MarkXy 15th Oct 16, 11:28 AM
    • 48Posts
    • 10Thanks
    MarkXy
    Phone insurance
    • 15th Oct 16, 11:28 AM
    Phone insurance 15th Oct 16 at 11:28 AM
    Since I have heard that phone insurers don't pay out that often is this actually worth having? If so what are some good providers?

My main concern is accidental damage - due to my circumstances theft is extremely unlikely.

Thanks

M
Page 1
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 15th Oct 16, 7:40 PM
    • 2,450 Posts
    • 629 Thanks
    Anthorn
    • 15th Oct 16, 7:40 PM
    • 15th Oct 16, 7:40 PM
    Since I have heard that phone insurers don't pay out that often is this actually worth having? If so what are some good providers?

My main concern is accidental damage - due to my circumstances theft is extremely unlikely.

Thanks

M
    Originally posted by MarkXy
    I have insurance2go for my iPhone SE which costs £6.99P per month on a rolling monthly premium. But consider their £50 excess for all claims and consider that repairs you arrange yourself might be less than that: The only accidental damage I've suffered in perhaps the last 10 years has been a cracked screen and the cost of repairing that these days is on average £50 and other repairs are less than that.
    http://www.itechstore.co.uk/iphone-repair/iphone-se.html

Repairs at an Apple Store or Apple authorised repair service is likely to cost more than that though so in that case the insurance is worthwhile although I only expect to claim for loss or theft.

So you should consider the cost of repairs and compare that to the excess you'll have to pay. Also check out your household contents insurance and valuables away from the home add-on but be sure to check that mobile phones are covered. It could cost less than the dedicated mobile phone insurance.
    Lloyds Bank Platinum 10.9%
    Amex Platinum Cashback Everyday 22.9%
    The American Express Card
    Natwest Reward
    Rainy day fund - target £3000 - latest total £3050
    Average total credit limit used = 36% (Xmas!)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

592Posts Today

3,456Users online

Martin's Twitter