Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

    • Paulrl
    • By Paulrl 15th Oct 16, 8:19 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Company claiming money for breakage of equipment
    • #1
    • 15th Oct 16, 8:19 AM
    Company claiming money for breakage of equipment 15th Oct 16 at 8:19 AM
    If a company claims money for equipment breakage am I entitled to see proof of cost? Can they charge more than it actually costs them and if they claim VAT back do they charge me or do they have to declare money received and pay VAT on it.

    Should they in any case be providing me with a VAT receipt?

    Can I offset cost on P11d against benefits in kind.
Page 1
    • sangie595
    • By sangie595 15th Oct 16, 9:56 AM
    • 2,784 Posts
    • 4,397 Thanks
    • #2
    • 15th Oct 16, 9:56 AM
    • #2
    • 15th Oct 16, 9:56 AM
    There is no law that says that they must show you anything. If you believe that the charge is as unlawful deduction because it does not represent the true value of replacement, then you may make a claim to an employment tribunal. Assuming you are an employee. Which I am not clear that you are
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,627Posts Today

7,866Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @jaihy: @MartinSLewis thank you! Like so many, I hadn't claimed ppi. During the last series I filled in the form...£2,700 cheque in the?

  • Check if you're owed, totally free tool to help here...

  • Today's twitter poll: If they made a rule to standardise chips in the UK - which of these four (I only get 4 options) would u want it to be?

  • Follow Martin