Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Alison1107
    • By Alison1107 15th Oct 16, 8:47 AM
    • 9Posts
    • 1Thanks
    PCN from fistral beach Newquay
    • 15th Oct 16, 8:47 AM
    PCN from fistral beach Newquay 15th Oct 16 at 8:47 AM
    A couple of days ago i received a PCN from smart parking at Fistral Beach Newquay.
    We had originally parked at harbour car park and paid 9 for the day as my partner was going to a sea fishing trip. The trip was cancelled last minute and we decided to go elsewhere. i paid for my parking using the phone and pay parking app, looking at the app it was giving me an option to move car park, we drove down to fistral beach where we pulled in and i tried to use the move option of the app to transfer car park. Being new to the area and new to using the app i wasn't quite sure how it all worked. once the app wouldn't let me move 9 i had already paid in harbour i decided to give cornwall council a ring and see if i could move car park (i presumed it was ran by the council) when they couldnt help we left the car park and moved on.
    Do you think i should appeal against this or should i just pay up?
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Oct 16, 1:23 PM
    • 39,350 Posts
    • 50,902 Thanks
    Can't see it on this PC. But we know Smart do not use compliant POFA wording to hold a keeper liable, so it really is very simple for a keeper to win at POPLA, firstly using the blue writing appeal in the NEWBIES thread.

Certainly worth fighting because if you then use the right POPLA wording (again it's in template form but in 'POPLA Decisions') you will win in the end.

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

138Posts Today

1,922Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Yay. Thank you for all your help Colin. Thankfully it's feeling a little better #lovelychap

• Going to try and see if it's possible. If not my 400 day run of never missing target will end :(

• Thank you for all your kind wishes.Not sure now if it's a hamstring tear now. Feels like very bad cramp in the back of my thigh

• Follow Martin