Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• gemmylouise
    • By gemmylouise 15th Oct 16, 2:26 AM
    • 38Posts
    • 15Thanks
    • 15th Oct 16, 2:26 AM
    Ccj 15th Oct 16 at 2:26 AM
    Hi looking for some advice please...

I own a flat which was leasehold and the flats in block now own the freehold. The previous man running the company set up to own the freehold was a con man. He took over £3,000 and pocketed it for himself. I refused to pay any more money into the pot which resulted in a ccj being unforced on me. It was sent to a previous address 2 years ago and only found out about it when my partner tried to take out some bike finance.

The man has since left and I am now a director of the company which gave me the ccj! The ccj was for £1,000 and it was paid by Halifax mortgage company without my agreement! I made a complaint about this and was awarded £250 compensation.

How can I get the ccj removed?

Page 1
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 15th Oct 16, 8:46 AM
    • 9,953 Posts
    • 7,450 Thanks
    • 15th Oct 16, 8:46 AM
    • 15th Oct 16, 8:46 AM
    Apply for set aside

Get agreement from the creditor that they will not oppose the application.

In your case, shouldn't be difficult. Will cost £255 unless you are on a low income though (factsheet explains)

There might be a complication if the ccj has ben marked 'settled' - has it?
    • datlex
    • By datlex 16th Oct 16, 12:50 PM
    • 1,021 Posts
    • 865 Thanks
    • 16th Oct 16, 12:50 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 12:50 PM
    I am puzzled as a leaseholder surely you were liable for paying the lease relevant to your property. What the person did with the money whilst not a good thing is irrelevant.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

882Posts Today

6,081Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • BBC weather just told us clocks going back means "everyone gets an extra hour's sleep". Hmmm not if you've young children or on nightshift.

• Pension cold callers and misselling ruins lives. This petition is trying to stop them sign if u agree.

• Thank you Microsoft (Tom)

• Follow Martin