Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ncfc_123
    • By ncfc_123 15th Oct 16, 12:20 AM
    • 25Posts
    • 2Thanks
    ncfc_123
    Good car leasing companies and a few other questions
    • 15th Oct 16, 12:20 AM
    Good car leasing companies and a few other questions 15th Oct 16 at 12:20 AM
    Have just posted another post on here about my broken down BMW.

Anyway have decided with the missus to lease. We've had it with breakdowns and just want a nice new car with a warranty. However there are so many leading companies with little info of who are good and who aren't so anyone on here recommend any companies and anyone's you wouldn't recommend. Most of these companies seem to do similar if not almost exactly the same deal.

One worry is about credit scores. I've had a poor credit score in recent years due to silly credit cards debts but I've nearly cleared them now and it's got to a fair rating of about 810 I think. Is this likely to be enough to secure a lease? Myself and my partner are looking at buying a house next year and I could really do without getting rejected for credit at the moment.

Last but not least would it at all be possible to secure the lease through my parents business, this would obviously reduce cost as no vat.

Hope someone can help me on the above
Page 1
    • w211
    • By w211 15th Oct 16, 1:12 AM
    • 669 Posts
    • 385 Thanks
    w211
    • 15th Oct 16, 1:12 AM
    • 15th Oct 16, 1:12 AM
    On my second car with www.lingscars.com

If you can get past the crazy website, they clearly explain leasing and what is involved, and you can get a custom quote for most cars.

Not the cheapest, but customer service I find is very good, and e-mails are often replied to within minutes during working hours.
    • loskie
    • By loskie 15th Oct 16, 9:11 AM
    • 925 Posts
    • 527 Thanks
    loskie
    • 15th Oct 16, 9:11 AM
    • 15th Oct 16, 9:11 AM
    http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=255&t=1607379&i=3660

I have an astra elite 1.4 turbo 150 from Affinity on a 12m lease cost me 460 initial payment and 154.99 month for 12 months 15000m. Took delivery in may so far so good. I worked it out that with all costs (fuel ,insurance etc) will cost about 28 to 30 pence per mile.
    Simpson Skoda do some good deals too.
    Dealers do some good deals too but dont deal with the normal retail sales people they will steer you to a costly pcp deal with the fleet sales guys. Don't expect the flowers and niceties that come with retail purchases. Margins are cut right down
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 18th Oct 16, 11:35 AM
    • 994 Posts
    • 906 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 18th Oct 16, 11:35 AM
    • 18th Oct 16, 11:35 AM
    stuff
    Originally posted by James Teale
    As per the other thread ... please seek MSE permission before posting as a business.

Post marked as in the meantime.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

419Posts Today

2,783Users online

Martin's Twitter