Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • amartin28
    • By amartin28 15th Oct 16, 12:02 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    amartin28
    Ineligible for Help to Buy ISA
    • 15th Oct 16, 12:02 AM
    Ineligible for Help to Buy ISA 15th Oct 16 at 12:02 AM
    Hello. I opened a Help to Buy ISA a few months ago & have been diligently saving my £200 a month ever since. However, I've subsequently realised that I wouldn't in fact qualify as a first time buyer under the criteria of the scheme so I wouldn't be eligible to receive any bonus. My question is, am I allowed to keep paying into this ISA (I know the amount you can pay in is capped but it still has a higher rate than my other savings account) and do I get to keep the interest that has been paid if I withdraw the money without applying for the bonus? Thanks!
Page 1
    • Rich2808
    • By Rich2808 15th Oct 16, 12:40 PM
    • 321 Posts
    • 306 Thanks
    Rich2808
    • 15th Oct 16, 12:40 PM
    • 15th Oct 16, 12:40 PM
    Why aren't you eligible?

Technically you aren't supposed to be paying it to the Product - but if you are under 40 you will be able I understand to move it into a lifetime isa from April.

It's really up to you - you should probably close it but it's not as if you are claiming the bonus.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

412Posts Today

2,652Users online

Martin's Twitter