Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bandia
    • By Bandia 14th Oct 16, 10:16 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Bandia
    Laminate or engineered wood? Where is the cheapest place to buy ?
    • 14th Oct 16, 10:16 PM
    Laminate or engineered wood? Where is the cheapest place to buy ? 14th Oct 16 at 10:16 PM
    Hello everyone, I am almost in the process of completing the purchase of my first house. I am intending to get the floorings do bathroom tiling done before moving in. My budget for engineered wood floor is around 26£ per sq.m.

Would it be possible to get good quality engineered woods at that price or am I better off sticking to laminate flooring ? Also please advise if it's worth spending more for wood rather than laminate with 2 kids in the house.

Pls advise.
    Last edited by Bandia; 16-10-2016 at 9:19 AM. Reason: more information required
Page 1
    • Marktheshark
    • By Marktheshark 14th Oct 16, 10:23 PM
    • 5,335 Posts
    • 6,679 Thanks
    Marktheshark
    • 14th Oct 16, 10:23 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 10:23 PM
    No, however you will get either laminate (very 00's) or LVT flooring, which looks and feels like wood without the hassle.
    Brexit will become whatever they invent it to be.
    • Bandia
    • By Bandia 16th Oct 16, 9:24 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Bandia
    • 16th Oct 16, 9:24 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 9:24 PM
    Thank you Mark. Can anyone suggest a. Good brand and a cost conscious place to shop for laminates or wooden floors ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,847Posts Today

6,562Users online

Martin's Twitter