Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • getinmyselfoutadebt
    • By getinmyselfoutadebt 14th Oct 16, 10:07 PM
    • 58Posts
    • 17Thanks
    getinmyselfoutadebt
    Mortgage with DMP
    • 14th Oct 16, 10:07 PM
    Mortgage with DMP 14th Oct 16 at 10:07 PM
    Hi has anyone got a mortgage with bluestone or have any experience of them?
    Just been doing some research and they seem to be ok. Not sure if theyve launched in the uk?
Page 1
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 15th Oct 16, 9:52 AM
    • 51,291 Posts
    • 43,094 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 15th Oct 16, 9:52 AM
    • 15th Oct 16, 9:52 AM
    Are they offering mortgages for those in DMP's?
    “A man is rich who lives upon what he has. A man is poor who lives upon what is coming. A prudent man lives within his income, and saves against ‘a rainy day’.”
    • getinmyselfoutadebt
    • By getinmyselfoutadebt 15th Oct 16, 5:48 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    getinmyselfoutadebt
    • 15th Oct 16, 5:48 PM
    • 15th Oct 16, 5:48 PM
    According to the criteria on the wevsite, yes
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 15th Oct 16, 11:14 PM
    • 8,850 Posts
    • 3,366 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 15th Oct 16, 11:14 PM
    • 15th Oct 16, 11:14 PM
    Bluestone will want a understandable reason for entering the DMP - sickeness, redundancy, divorce. For a complex situation like this you should be using a broker.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • ACG
    • By ACG 16th Oct 16, 10:00 AM
    • 13,498 Posts
    • 6,644 Thanks
    ACG
    • 16th Oct 16, 10:00 AM
    • 16th Oct 16, 10:00 AM
    I do not think Bluestone have launched fully yet. Not every broker will have access to them.

I have used them a few times, infact I have been asked to trial their new system which they will be using when they launch fully. They are quite good in the main. However their criteria elsewhere can be a little tight (for example properties above commercial is a bit tighter than everyone elses).

I would speak to a broker as amn suggests. You can only access Bluestone through a broker anyway however a broker will know other lenders it may fit with, giving you potentially more options.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,319Posts Today

7,962Users online

Martin's Twitter