Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• dizzyblonde82
    • By dizzyblonde82 14th Oct 16, 9:21 PM
    • 440Posts
    • 254Thanks
    Frustrated with IVA Process
    • 14th Oct 16, 9:21 PM
    Frustrated with IVA Process 14th Oct 16 at 9:21 PM
    I have been on a joint DMP with stepchange but due to changes in circumstances I was advised to go for an IVA whilst my husband carries on with a DMP, he has a much lower debt total and would be quicker to pay off with DMP.

I received the first proposal from Stepchange IVA and noticed an error so they had to reissue the documents, I signed those documents and returned them. I was then reissued with a new proposal as they had to change the named person from Stepchange IVA.

Yesterday, late afternoon, I was told that the meeting of creditors was arranged for next week and they would contact me on the day. This morning they called to say that they had made an error with the figure for monies available to creditors if I was to go bankrupt as the OR would not let me keep my car on PCP and the monthly payment I make would then be available to the creditors.

Now waiting for a new proposal and will return it, then have to wait until they set the next meeting date - have been told that they will only give the minimum 17 days notice due to length of time I have been waiting.

Feel a bit fed up today as I had hoped it would all be resolved next week so I could start putting it all behind me.
Page 1
    • mwarby
    • By mwarby 14th Oct 16, 10:02 PM
    • 547 Posts
    • 202 Thanks
    • 14th Oct 16, 10:02 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 10:02 PM
    My IVA took a while to setup too, but good that these errors are being spotted. Assuming all goes to plan these few weeks will be distant memory soon enough
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,657Posts Today

6,770Users online

Martin's Twitter