Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Crowdedhouse
    • By Crowdedhouse 14th Oct 16, 8:20 PM
    • 83Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Crowdedhouse
    Repair to a Worcester Bosch combi under guarantee
    • 14th Oct 16, 8:20 PM
    Repair to a Worcester Bosch combi under guarantee 14th Oct 16 at 8:20 PM
    Hello, wonder if anyone could advise please.

I will be having my combi boiler which has a 7 year guarantee, serviced soon. I have to use a different service engineer this time as the one who originally installed my boiler a couple of years ago is no longer available.

If this new service engineer finds anything wrong with my boiler
    how does the guarantee work? Does Worcester Bosch pay him directly for any repair work he does or does he charge me and I claim it back from Worcester Bosch?

Additionally, am I only allowed to use service engineers accredited by Worcester Bosch, the ones named on their website?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Crowdedhouse; 14-10-2016 at 8:24 PM.
Page 1
    • molerat
    • By molerat 14th Oct 16, 8:41 PM
    • 15,054 Posts
    • 9,397 Thanks
    molerat
    • 14th Oct 16, 8:41 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 8:41 PM
    https://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/guarantee-terms-and-conditions
    i. During the guarantee period any product or component which is proved to be faulty or defective in manufacture, will be repaired or replaced free of material and labour charges, providing that we have authorised or carried out the repair or replacement.
    j. We will not accept or reimburse the costs of any third party who undertakes any work carried on the product or fits parts, unless we have approved such work in advance of it being carried out.
    The easiest way is to use a WB authorised man as they will know how the warranty system works.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • Crowdedhouse
    • By Crowdedhouse 14th Oct 16, 8:46 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Crowdedhouse
    • 14th Oct 16, 8:46 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 8:46 PM
    Thanks for your reply.
    • southcoastrgi
    • By southcoastrgi 15th Oct 16, 12:02 AM
    • 4,964 Posts
    • 2,884 Thanks
    southcoastrgi
    • 15th Oct 16, 12:02 AM
    • 15th Oct 16, 12:02 AM
    The easiest way is to use a WB authorised man as they will know how the warranty system works.
    Originally posted by molerat
    With the greatest respect that's rubbish, a WAI is only that because of the amount of WB boilers they fit, to be a approved installer is all about numbers & has nothing to do with whether they know how to repair WB boilers or not,

WB do their own repairs so if your boiler reqs a repair under warentee then it will be them that do it & not the guy doing your service
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
    • qsk
    • By qsk 15th Oct 16, 12:05 PM
    • 131 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    qsk
    • 15th Oct 16, 12:05 PM
    • 15th Oct 16, 12:05 PM
    So if the engineer finds a problem during service, you would ask him not to do anything (and stop servicing possibly) and wait for WB to arrange for repair?
    • southcoastrgi
    • By southcoastrgi 15th Oct 16, 2:14 PM
    • 4,964 Posts
    • 2,884 Thanks
    southcoastrgi
    • 15th Oct 16, 2:14 PM
    • 15th Oct 16, 2:14 PM
    So if the engineer finds a problem during service, you would ask him not to do anything (and stop servicing possibly) and wait for WB to arrange for repair?
    Originally posted by qsk
    That depends if you wanna pay him for labour & mats or wanna get it done under your warentee
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,389Posts Today

6,830Users online

Martin's Twitter