Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• explorer007
    • By explorer007 14th Oct 16, 7:54 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    PCN for displaying the wrong ticket
    • 14th Oct 16, 7:54 PM
    PCN for displaying the wrong ticket 14th Oct 16 at 7:54 PM
    Hi, Just trying to find out how to appeal a PCN when a valid parking ticket was displayed but it was from the wrong car park.

In Camborne, Cornwall, Trevithick Road Car Park and Tyacks Hotel Car park are immediately adjacent to each other.

My wife followed Pay and Display signs with an arrow, paid and displayed the ticket, less than 2 minutes after the time she purchased her ticket a PCN was served for "Not Displaying a Valid Pay and Display Ticket" by Armtrac Security Services for KBT Cornwall Ltd.

Possible grounds of appeal might be:

1. signage being adequate/confusing - it is not clear which machines to pay at

2. Intent - my wife bought a ticket - just from the wrong machine so her intention was to pay.

3. Unfair penalising of customers - the ticket was bought at 14:25, the PCN issued at 14:27 and the first photo from the PPC is timed at 14:28:04. My wife believes the enforcement chap was sitting in a car watching her pay at the wrong machine and displaying the ticket. My wife was with her 88 year old disabled mother. it would have taken maybe 20 seconds to get back to her car from the machine then at least 30 seconds to get her Mother out of the car and to have put her Mother's coat on, locked the car and left. The Enforcement chap must have been in the car park watching and it would have been reasonable to tell my wife that she had paid at the wrong machine.

All help and ideas greatly appreciated.

Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 15th Oct 16, 1:00 AM
    • 35,822 Posts
    • 72,209 Thanks
    • 15th Oct 16, 1:00 AM
    • 15th Oct 16, 1:00 AM
    Please read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES then send the IPC template letter you will find there. Copy and paste, do not edit. Under no circumstances reveal who was driving. Do not miss the appeal deadline.

Your options then are to ignore everything you get for six years unless you get real court papers, or make an IAS appeal to their kangaroo court then ignore everything you get for six years unless you get real court papers.

This assumes you live in England or Wales.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Oct 16, 1:14 AM
    • 39,338 Posts
    • 50,951 Thanks
    • 15th Oct 16, 1:14 AM
    • 15th Oct 16, 1:14 AM
    Same advice as to all IPC cases:

The long-term 'one challenge, no saying who was driving, then ignore' strategy is NOT suggesting that you pay. Please read the links and the NEWBIES thread.

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

568Posts Today

4,968Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Morning. On way to @gmb for my 7:40 Deals of the Week; incl clock change warning, free £200, Brit Gas £200 off, railcard code, eurostar sale

• RT @Magwa61: @MartinSLewis thank you Sorry I thought it was you, conning sids ????????????????????????????????????

• No. It's NEVER the right way to switch energy. Please don't confused these 'moneyexpert' sales reps with my site mo?

• Follow Martin