Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jansus
    • By jansus 14th Oct 16, 4:09 PM
    • 12,200Posts
    • 48,135Thanks
    jansus
    Timeline question
    • #1
    • 14th Oct 16, 4:09 PM
    Timeline question 14th Oct 16 at 4:09 PM
    Hi sorry it's a bit long winded, we accepted an offer on our house last week the buyer has had his mortgage offer verified and we have instructed our solicitors, we had a pack sent containing the usual questions regarding fixtures and fittings etc, but no survey has been arranged yet.
    We think we have found a house we would like to buy, it had an offer on it which was accepted but fell through due to the purchaser losing their sale so unless they can get another buyer quickly the deal is off. Meanwhile the vendor wants viewings to continue.
    We went to view today and we saw other viewers just leaving the property so there is some interest in the place.
    The estate agent advised that until our buyers have had their Survey back on our house and are happy to proceed there was little point in us putting in an offer on the house we like just in case ours fell through. Iv'e never heard of this before, is that the usual way to go about it? i would have thought it would delay the whole process and i'm sure my buyer would like to know that we have found somewhere and things are progressing at our end, any advice greatly appreciated. I hope that all makes sense.
    Last edited by jansus; 14-10-2016 at 4:22 PM.
Page 1
    • jojo9239
    • By jojo9239 14th Oct 16, 4:36 PM
    • 319 Posts
    • 223 Thanks
    jojo9239
    • #2
    • 14th Oct 16, 4:36 PM
    • #2
    • 14th Oct 16, 4:36 PM
    No you can put the offer in now it can fall through at any point up to exchange sounds like he's putting you off x
    • ellie27
    • By ellie27 14th Oct 16, 5:03 PM
    • 959 Posts
    • 649 Thanks
    ellie27
    • #3
    • 14th Oct 16, 5:03 PM
    • #3
    • 14th Oct 16, 5:03 PM
    You put your offer in if you want that house, nothing to do with your own place - as far as concerned your are under offer.

    It was a few weeks after we had our offer accepted that we actually had the survey carried out, thats normal. Things take time. Sounds like the agent is talking nonsense to me.

    To add........ how did the agent know that you had an offer but were still waiting for your buyers to get their survey done......there is no need to be telling all your details.
    • jansus
    • By jansus 14th Oct 16, 5:13 PM
    • 12,200 Posts
    • 48,135 Thanks
    jansus
    • #4
    • 14th Oct 16, 5:13 PM
    • #4
    • 14th Oct 16, 5:13 PM
    Thanks that what i thought. I wonder if the vendor has got jittery and doesn't want another sale to fall through.
    Ellie27 i told the estate agent we had accepted the offer and she asked how far we had got.
    • ellie27
    • By ellie27 14th Oct 16, 5:22 PM
    • 959 Posts
    • 649 Thanks
    ellie27
    • #5
    • 14th Oct 16, 5:22 PM
    • #5
    • 14th Oct 16, 5:22 PM
    Ellie27 i told the estate agent we had accepted the offer and she asked how far we had got.
    Originally posted by jansus
    I would have just told them to speak to my solicitor who is dealing with the sale.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

314Posts Today

1,283Users online

Martin's Twitter