Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sabelt
    • By Sabelt 14th Oct 16, 3:18 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sabelt
    Support Group - benefit payment?
    • 14th Oct 16, 3:18 PM
    Support Group - benefit payment? 14th Oct 16 at 3:18 PM
    HI All

Really hope you can help here or shed some light for me.

My partner is disabled and was in receipt of ESA and PIP and due to her condition she is also in the support group.

Recently she has moved in with me, her condition is worse but all of her benefits except PIP have stopped.

We had sought advice before she moved in with me and various charities and CAB said that as she was in the support group, this would qualify her for some sort of payment regardless of whether she lost the ESA. Ive just spoken to the Jobcentre/ESA people and they said that due to may income (£33K plus), she isn't entitled to anything. I appreciate I have a lot coming in but they don't take into account whats going out.

So my question is, does the Support group qualify her for any additional payment or not? Are there any other benefits she could claim instead eg. Income support.?

thanks again

DAN
Page 1
    • TELLIT01
    • By TELLIT01 14th Oct 16, 3:34 PM
    • 2,632 Posts
    • 2,534 Thanks
    TELLIT01
    • 14th Oct 16, 3:34 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 3:34 PM
    With your income, ESA would only continue for your partner if she had an entitlement based on her own National Insurance payments in the 2 qualifying years. As her payments have ceased it would seem that she only had entitlement to Income Related benefits. If that is the case, your income is taken fully into account and would exclude her from benefit.
    Not what you want to hear I'm afraid.
    • Alice Holt
    • By Alice Holt 14th Oct 16, 7:27 PM
    • 564 Posts
    • 510 Thanks
    Alice Holt
    • 14th Oct 16, 7:27 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 7:27 PM
    If she was receiving contribution-based ESa this will continue.

If her ESa was income-based it will stop (due to your income).

Check the details of previous ESa letters to see if her award was contribution-based ESa
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,692Posts Today

7,032Users online

Martin's Twitter