Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • elly.alice
    • By elly.alice 14th Oct 16, 1:05 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 2Thanks
    elly.alice
    AIP - does it matter what bank it's from?
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:05 PM
    AIP - does it matter what bank it's from? 14th Oct 16 at 1:05 PM
    I have just got an AIP from a bank, which might not be the bank I will go through the full mortgage with as the agent needs these details.

As it might not be the bank we go through the mortgage with does it matter that this is where the AIP is coming from?
Page 1
    • SavingSteve
    • By SavingSteve 14th Oct 16, 1:08 PM
    • 476 Posts
    • 205 Thanks
    SavingSteve
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:08 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:08 PM
    No it doesn't matter. The AIP is just so the EA knows you can afford the place. Who you eventually borrow from is none of the EA's business.
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 14th Oct 16, 1:10 PM
    • 8,849 Posts
    • 3,365 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:10 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:10 PM
    Progress as suggested by your mortgage broker, not the Estate Agent Elly.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Rich2808
    • By Rich2808 14th Oct 16, 1:51 PM
    • 330 Posts
    • 311 Thanks
    Rich2808
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:51 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:51 PM
    It might be an issue if you are considering borrowing up to your maximum AIP figure.

What lenders say they will lend in an AIP and what they will in practice can be hugely different.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,724Posts Today

8,460Users online

Martin's Twitter