Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dcdubber87
    • By dcdubber87 14th Oct 16, 12:37 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    dcdubber87
    MET services PCN help
    • 14th Oct 16, 12:37 PM
    MET services PCN help 14th Oct 16 at 12:37 PM
    Good afternoon,

Thanks for taking the time to read my post, just after a little bit of help and guidance.

On the 8th september myself and partner parked at bicester village train station and bought a ticket and put it in the dashboard as usual. upon returning that evening we had a PCN from MET services for no displayed ticket with the reason ;

no valid ticket/voucher/permit - in breach of railway bylaw 14.

I was a bit shocked and opened the car to find the ticket in the footwell of the car. can only think it blew off when shutting the door as it was a windy day. After reading various things on the internet about this company i did nothing, coupled with being away with working travelling the last 3 weeks. Had a letter come through the post today from MET services titled 'NOTICE TO OWNER' addressed to my wife as it was her car stating the parking charge of £100 is payable and a photo of the rear of the car on the letter.

I still have the notice given and the actual parking ticket i brought. Where do i stand in this situation? has it been to long to appeal it? as the new letter says if you wish to appeal this notice, please do not pay at this time. which makes sense.

any help would be great.
    thanks rob
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Oct 16, 12:57 PM
    • 40,335 Posts
    • 52,172 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Oct 16, 12:57 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 12:57 PM
    The keeper of the car now appeals to that NTO, using the template blue writing appeal in the 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST' thread, simple as that. All acronyms and reasons why not to name the driver are explained in that sticky thread which also gives you the appeal to use (deliberately saying nothing about the story of what happened).

You will not be paying this so no urgent 'discount deadline' applies.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 14th Oct 16, 1:04 PM
    • 607 Posts
    • 319 Thanks
    Justice13075
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:04 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:04 PM
    I ALWAYS ALWAYS take a photo on my phone of my ticket in situ.
    • dcdubber87
    • By dcdubber87 14th Oct 16, 1:09 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dcdubber87
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:09 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:09 PM
    thanks for the replies, good to know can still send the appeal letter, just wasnt sure as it is more than 28 days after the intial PCN on the car.

never thought of taking a picture of the ticket, will remember that next time.
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 14th Oct 16, 1:10 PM
    • 607 Posts
    • 319 Thanks
    Justice13075
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:10 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:10 PM
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Oct 16, 1:12 PM
    • 40,335 Posts
    • 52,172 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:12 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:12 PM
    thanks for the replies, good to know can still send the appeal letter, just wasnt sure as it is more than 28 days after the intial PCN on the car.

never thought of taking a picture of the ticket, will remember that next time.
    Originally posted by dcdubber87
    The keeper gets another 28 days from NTK (NTO) but do NOT appeal as driver nor give that person away...the sticky thread explains.

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Oct 16, 1:13 PM
    • 10,952 Posts
    • 16,333 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:13 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:13 PM
    Originally posted by Justice13075
    A blob of Blutack, or a clothes peg can ensure the ticket doesn't blow off. But some 'wardens' have apparently shaken cars to dislodge the ticket so they can issue a ticket and meet their target for the day.

Every ticket at one stage had a sticky backing, now most private tickets have none - any guesses why?
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • dcdubber87
    • By dcdubber87 14th Oct 16, 1:20 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dcdubber87
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:20 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:20 PM
    The keeper of the car now appeals to that NTO, using the template blue writing appeal in the 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST' thread, simple as that. All acronyms and reasons why not to name the driver are explained in that sticky thread which also gives you the appeal to use (deliberately saying nothing about the story of what happened).

You will not be paying this so no urgent 'discount deadline' applies.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    not sure if im going mad but just been reading through the newbie thread and cant seem to find the template to use as basis of the appeal.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Oct 16, 1:21 PM
    • 40,335 Posts
    • 52,172 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:21 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:21 PM
    Blue writing.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Oct 16, 1:22 PM
    • 10,952 Posts
    • 16,333 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    not sure if im going mad but just been reading through the newbie thread and cant seem to find the template to use as basis of the appeal.
    Originally posted by dcdubber87
    Here's a clue - it's written in blue!
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,281Posts Today

7,127Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's not fair or accurate to assign all leave voters (nor remainers) one voice. The vote may have been binary but t? https://t.co/QMqKrfY1jv

• That's cos the UK voted for Brexit. The choice now unless something radical happens is what type. (Plus twitter o? https://t.co/SLmh2jL4bU

• Todays twitter poll: The lib dem leader says more people now want soft brexit (ie still in single market etc) than hard - what do you want?

• Follow Martin