Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 14th Oct 16, 12:03 PM
    • 7,869Posts
    • 19,673Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Should this student pay his parents?
    • 14th Oct 16, 12:03 PM
    Should this student pay his parents? 14th Oct 16 at 12:03 PM
    We've a parent over on the Families board asking if they should charge their son for living at home while he's studying.

From a student point of view, what would you say? Post here or over there - if you're posting over there let them know you're a student when you do!

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story:
Page 1
    • Luckystar
    • By Luckystar 14th Oct 16, 7:15 PM
    • 891 Posts
    • 3,096 Thanks
    • 14th Oct 16, 7:15 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 7:15 PM
    My 18 year old son has just started uni and also living at home and commuting to uni. I would not dream of charging him housekeeping! he works part time but I still think of him as a dependant as he is studying on a full time course. Just read the actual thread and will add that my son did not apply for a student loan, only tuition fees of 9000 for this year so far which as paid directly to uni.
    Last edited by Luckystar; 14-10-2016 at 7:25 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,292Posts Today

7,787Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Magwa61: @MartinSLewis thank you Sorry I thought it was you, conning sids ????????????????????????????????????

• No. It's NEVER the right way to switch energy. Please don't confused these 'moneyexpert' sales reps with my site mo?

• The MSE weekly email: Energy hike warning, No7 trick, £400 marriage bonus, £3 photo mug, railcard 15%off, 3.1% loan

• Follow Martin