Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • edheaded
    • By edheaded 14th Oct 16, 11:37 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    edheaded
    HSBC 2009-2013 documents: insurance premium charges, card guard
    • 14th Oct 16, 11:37 AM
    HSBC 2009-2013 documents: insurance premium charges, card guard 14th Oct 16 at 11:37 AM
    I've found some old (2009-2013) documents mentioning Card Guard, CPP claims and Insurance Premium charges with regards to a HSBC Mastercard/Visa (HSBC automatically switched these over in 2013) I've had with them since 1997. Are these worth looking into now or is it too late?

I've found the following in an old pile of documents:

- A letter from CPP (not sure why I hadn't opened it before) from Aug 2013 titled "You may be entitled to compensation for your card / or identity protection policy". It mentions further info would be sent through, but I have nothing further.
    - I've also found a Card Guard renewal letter from June 2012. I vaguely remember phoning up my bank after this to cancel card guard a few years back but didn't think anything more of it.
    - An old credit card statement from July 2009 listing 'Insurance premium - 79p per £100 balance'. Is this PPI?

I've read on the HSBC site that CPP claims closed last year, and I'm not sure one statement mentioning a charge equates to mis-sold PPI. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 14th Oct 16, 11:45 AM
    • 9,343 Posts
    • 9,170 Thanks
    zx81
    • 14th Oct 16, 11:45 AM
    • 14th Oct 16, 11:45 AM
    The insurance premium will relate to PPI, but not necessarily mis sold PPI.
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 14th Oct 16, 12:33 PM
    • 2,960 Posts
    • 1,601 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 14th Oct 16, 12:33 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 12:33 PM
    I've found some old (2009-2013) documents mentioning Card Guard, CPP claims and Insurance Premium charges with regards to a HSBC Mastercard/Visa (HSBC automatically switched these over in 2013) I've had with them since 1997. Are these worth looking into now or is it too late?

I've found the following in an old pile of documents:

- A letter from CPP (not sure why I hadn't opened it before) from Aug 2013 titled "You may be entitled to compensation for your card / or identity protection policy". It mentions further info would be sent through, but I have nothing further.
    - I've also found a Card Guard renewal letter from June 2012. I vaguely remember phoning up my bank after this to cancel card guard a few years back but didn't think anything more of it.
    - An old credit card statement from July 2009 listing 'Insurance premium - 79p per £100 balance'. Is this PPI?

I've read on the HSBC site that CPP claims closed last year, and I'm not sure one statement mentioning a charge equates to mis-sold PPI. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Originally posted by edheaded

CPP scheme closed a while back, you needed to respond to the CPP letter to say you wanted a refund, too late now I'm afraid

Did the statement mention a CHARGE of 79p (as in a separately listed item with your purchases) or did it simply mention that was on the account? If you paid the balance in full every month you could have PPI and never pay it.

Card Guard might be separate to CPP but if you cancelled it back in 2012 they will be able to time bar it
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,082Posts Today

8,474Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @itvMLshow: Tonight #MartinLewis looks into our family finances; Marriage tax allowance, student loans and child tax credit, 8pm on @ITV?

• Don't forget 8pm tonight ITV - should be a good show. As always my aim is to, in effect, pay you to watch #martinlewis money show

• RT @bbc5live: After midday, money-saving @MartinSLewis will be here to answer your financial questions ????https://t.co/UQMSd5TKbb https://t.?

• Follow Martin