Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • P james
    • By P james 14th Oct 16, 10:53 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    P james
    A company says that I didn't pay for an online transaction and won't reimburse me
    • 14th Oct 16, 10:53 AM
    A company says that I didn't pay for an online transaction and won't reimburse me 14th Oct 16 at 10:53 AM
    I placed an order on the 28th sept online for items, the money was paid from my account on the 29th. I have not received the items so I contacted the company,they say that the order didn't go through as the payment was declined. The money has definitely been taken, what can I do to get my money back ? It wasn't a huge amount £60 but it's a lot to me.
Page 1
    • TadleyBaggie
    • By TadleyBaggie 14th Oct 16, 11:02 AM
    • 1,979 Posts
    • 1,403 Thanks
    TadleyBaggie
    • 14th Oct 16, 11:02 AM
    • 14th Oct 16, 11:02 AM
    This happened to me with Dell, I cancelled an order due to issues getting a new laptop (delivery times kept slipping). They then charged my credit card, money actually taken and not just ring fenced. When I called them they claimed they had only done an authorisation and not taken the money. When I sent them a screenshot of my credit card online summary showing the actual charge they refunded me very quickly.
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 14th Oct 16, 11:37 AM
    • 8,603 Posts
    • 5,618 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 14th Oct 16, 11:37 AM
    • 14th Oct 16, 11:37 AM
    I placed an order on the 28th sept online for items, the money was paid from my account on the 29th. I have not received the items so I contacted the company,they say that the order didn't go through as the payment was declined. The money has definitely been taken, what can I do to get my money back ? It wasn't a huge amount £60 but it's a lot to me.
    Originally posted by P james
    I would imagine it's simply a case of you proving that the transaction has taken place, eg, show them a copy of your bank/card statement.

Who is the retailer?
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 14th Oct 16, 1:23 PM
    • 17,422 Posts
    • 14,000 Thanks
    wealdroam
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:23 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:23 PM
    OP, as you appear to want your money back rather than what you purchased, speak to your card issuer about a chargeback - reason: goods/service not received.

You might want to read MSE's Chargeback article first.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,812Posts Today

7,430Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @c_newbery: @MartinSLewis Can't bring myself to vote for option A because of lack of apostrophe - some things are too precious! #grammar?

• MSE weekly email: Soap&Glory, Urgent 2YR cheap energy, free Tesco pts, cheap Easyjet, free TSB £100, £52 Ray-Bans https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Today's twitter poll: Is it acceptable to use bad grammar in tweets in order to reduce character length?

• Follow Martin