Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mackle
    • By Mackle 14th Oct 16, 10:12 AM
    • 51Posts
    • 4Thanks
    Mackle
    SAYE schemes post-redundancy
    • 14th Oct 16, 10:12 AM
    SAYE schemes post-redundancy 14th Oct 16 at 10:12 AM
    Good morning,

I was made redundant recently, and had been participating in a SAYE scheme for the past three years.

A letter from the SAYE administrator has come through the door containing amongst other things, a direct debit form so that I can continue to save money in to the SAYE scheme. There doesn't seem to be anything advising on whether the option price is still valid for any new amount I save in.

Also, I was on a three-year plan rather than five or seven, and my three years actually reached maturity on 01/09/2016 so don't know how this affects things?

Finally, if I carrying on contributing in to SAYE, what happens if I join a new organisation that also offers SAYE? Can I have both running together? Do I have to close the old one before signing up to the new employers? And would it purely be a matter of looking at the option prices and forecasts for both shares, or when it comes out of salary at source is it more tax efficient than transferring later?
Page 1
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 14th Oct 16, 10:19 AM
    • 19,142 Posts
    • 10,861 Thanks
    xylophone
    • 14th Oct 16, 10:19 AM
    • 14th Oct 16, 10:19 AM
    Is the administrator aware that you have left the company?

I'd suggest you telephone to clarify.
    • Mackle
    • By Mackle 14th Oct 16, 4:10 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Mackle
    • 14th Oct 16, 4:10 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 4:10 PM
    Is the administrator aware that you have left the company?

I'd suggest you telephone to clarify.
    Originally posted by xylophone
    Yes they are aware that I have left, it's to enable me to continue participating with the scheme now that I can't SAYE directly from my former employers payroll, hence a direct debit form.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

48Posts Today

4,284Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's not fair or accurate to assign all leave voters (nor remainers) one voice. The vote may have been binary but t? https://t.co/QMqKrfY1jv

• That's cos the UK voted for Brexit. The choice now unless something radical happens is what type. (Plus twitter o? https://t.co/SLmh2jL4bU

• Todays twitter poll: The lib dem leader says more people now want soft brexit (ie still in single market etc) than hard - what do you want?

• Follow Martin