Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Burybird1
    • By Burybird1 14th Oct 16, 10:04 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Burybird1
    Match Funding
    • 14th Oct 16, 10:04 AM
    Match Funding 14th Oct 16 at 10:04 AM
    Hi
    I have just taken on the role of marketing for the PTA. I have heard about match funding and was wondering what the rules are.
    Who can I approach?
    What type of companies/ organisations? e.g. size, banks only,
    Does the request have to come from an employee of the company?
    What are the benefits to companies that I can tempt them to sign up with?

anyone know the answers?

thanks Elaine
Page 1
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 15th Oct 16, 1:39 AM
    • 36,818 Posts
    • 33,042 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    • 15th Oct 16, 1:39 AM
    • 15th Oct 16, 1:39 AM
    I have heard about match funding and was wondering what the rules are.
    Originally posted by Burybird1
    I'm not aware there are any rules ...

Who can I approach?
    What type of companies/ organisations? e.g. size, banks only,
    I'm sure you can approach any company, however I'd have thought your only hope was if there is a significant local employer which would have a sensible number of links to the school, ie employs a fair few parents.

Does the request have to come from an employee of the company?
    In my experience, yes, however I've only come across it for employees doing a sponsored event. I guess you might be able to ask for matched funding on an event or for a project - if we raise £500, will you match it?

If it's sponsorship, employees have to know about it, so publicising the scheme can come from both sides. From the PTA side, mentioning it at regular intervals - and especially when there is a sponsored event on the horizon - is probably the way to go.

What are the benefits to companies that I can tempt them to sign up with?
    That's your key question for employers who aren't already offering this. Obviously good publicity to pupils and parents is one, so you need to work out how you would ensure everyone knew about their generosity.

BTW, one local estate agent used to have a bouncy castle with their name plastered all over it, they would lend it out to local schools at no charge. Not exactly matched funding but worth thinking about things local employers could provide.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Cutting Tax; Charities; Small Biz & Charity Organisers; and Silver Savers boards, which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. However, do remember, Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts.

Any views are mine and are not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
    Still knitting! Current projects: 2 shawls, 2 pairs baby bootees,
    1 Wise Man Knitivity figure ...
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 15th Oct 16, 9:11 AM
    • 1,085 Posts
    • 654 Thanks
    Robin9
    • 15th Oct 16, 9:11 AM
    • 15th Oct 16, 9:11 AM
    Have a look at the Lottery funding - Awards For All - schemes.

Match funding can take the form of actual money, other grants or your members hours volunteered.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,186Posts Today

6,206Users online

Martin's Twitter