Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• agbxtra
    • By agbxtra 14th Oct 16, 7:41 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Remortgage- waiting time for land registry 1st registration
    • 14th Oct 16, 7:41 AM
    Remortgage- waiting time for land registry 1st registration 14th Oct 16 at 7:41 AM
    After a huge complaint, and a 3 month wait to retrieve my house deeds from my current mortgage provider I am now informed they have lost some documentation. They are going to certify copies with their solicitor so I can apply for first registration with the land registry.
    My mortgage offer is only valid now until December 31st. Will this be enough time to get it registered, or is there a long turnaround time on this?
Page 1
    • Richard Webster
    • By Richard Webster 14th Oct 16, 8:47 AM
    • 7,320 Posts
    • 6,974 Thanks
    Richard Webster
    • 14th Oct 16, 8:47 AM
    • 14th Oct 16, 8:47 AM
    If you are remortgagaing you willhave a solicitor dealing with it at least on behalf of the new lender, if not on your behalf as well. It will be up to him to decide whether the title is OK when he gets the documents from the present lender.

If you are buying an unrehgsitered title thenyour solicitor checks it and registers it after completion of the purchase. The aperwork available would have to be pretty deficient for a buyer's solicitor to insist on first registration by a seller. So int he same way I would expect a new mortgage lender's solicitor to look at the unregsitered title and decide whether it was good enough. Has he?

I am assuming the property is in England/Wales. If so, I am surprised it isn't registered. You must have inherited it pre about 1998 or bought it before 1991. When did you acquire it and how?

As a retired conveyancing solicitor I believe the information given in the post to be useful assuming any properties concerned are in England/Wales but I accept no liability for it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,220Posts Today

6,302Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just changed my profile description. Wish I was cool and brave enough to go for one of those really short ones!

• Happy with my 15k time today, one of my fastest 1:18:56. Managing to keep up my 150k a month target.

• That's why I'm asking question. To see whether people perceive they are or aren't.

• Follow Martin