Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• CatLady29
    • By CatLady29 13th Oct 16, 10:45 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    • 13th Oct 16, 10:45 PM
    Ukcpm 13th Oct 16 at 10:45 PM
    First posting and needing your help and advice pkease. I have received a Parking Charge Notice from UK car park management £100 or £60 if paid within 14 days. I had parked in a dead end road of a new housing estate at the end of my road - I wasn't taking anyone's bay, and I wasn't blocking anyone. I got home late and parked up at 11:45, back at me car by 7am. The ticket says my car was spotted at 3:30am and ticketed at 3:48am which sounds a little fishy. Their website looks genuine enough - this is my first ever ticket and I'm genuinely concerned that I have to pay this, or should I appeal first of all before the price goes up? I would greatly appreciate your knowledge many thanks
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Oct 16, 10:50 PM
    • 10,555 Posts
    • 15,700 Thanks
    • 13th Oct 16, 10:50 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 10:50 PM
    Please check out the newbies FAQ sticky, one page back from here near the top of the forum thread index (where you first landed to open this thread) where you will find details about how to deal with this.

There's no easy way out - but that doesn't mean you have to pay it.

Have you checked who the landowner is? Have you complained to them?

Have you checked whether this is a public highway (adopted by the council)? Phone them to enquire.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Oct 16, 10:56 PM
    • 39,361 Posts
    • 50,988 Thanks
    • 13th Oct 16, 10:56 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 10:56 PM
    Their website looks genuine enough
    That's because they've used drivers' money to pay for it. This is not just fishy, the entire industry stinks.

Follow the procedure in the NEWBIES thread for IPC firms which ends up with you ignoring them. If you pay you have not only been mugged but you are also funding the scam and supporting the next few tickets against more victims. Don't do that.

Please just read other threads on the forum - this is covered every day of the week in IPC firm threads, every day. It's not a fine.

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 14th Oct 16, 9:00 AM
    • 904 Posts
    • 1,594 Thanks
    • 14th Oct 16, 9:00 AM
    • 14th Oct 16, 9:00 AM
    As well as the above, do the following checks:

1. Ask the council if the "end of my road" is highway. You want to know if the road has been adopted or private.

2. If the road has been adopted (highway) then you report UKCPM to the council (parking department or trading standards) for what is essentially criminal behaviour.

3. If the road is not adopted, and private, then check your lease or tenancy agreement about easements. Easements are permissions to do something which would normally not be allowed. So checking lease/tenancy is a must on private properties.
    "One thing you realise about the gangs and the criminals [and parking companies] is that it's acting by another means. If you go into a bank or a shop and you want them to believe that you're going to shoot them [or go to court], that's an acting exercise. Nine out of 10 delinquents [and their solicitors] are frustrated actors". Peter Mullan, actor
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 14th Oct 16, 10:31 AM
    • 1,650 Posts
    • 2,256 Thanks
    • 14th Oct 16, 10:31 AM
    • 14th Oct 16, 10:31 AM
    These ppc's are brought in by the developers while they are selling the houses on their new development.
    They plant nice trees, borders, and plants, and want to keep the area free of cars to make it look nice to attract buyers.
    The ppc then jumps on anyone they can to make the filthy cash they want out of the contract, and the poor new house owners then find they have been stung good and proper, as the parking spaces don't add up.
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,690Posts Today

6,222Users online

Martin's Twitter