Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • STEVIED553
    • By STEVIED553 13th Oct 16, 10:10 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    STEVIED553
    Car leasing
    • 13th Oct 16, 10:10 PM
    Car leasing 13th Oct 16 at 10:10 PM
    Hi All,

Been looking at loads of leasing companies and all offer various things. Id rather take recommendations than fish through them even longer.

Anyone with some real satisfied service, no hidden nonsense etc..

With Thanks
Page 1
    • bazzyb
    • By bazzyb 13th Oct 16, 10:43 PM
    • 874 Posts
    • 2,628 Thanks
    bazzyb
    • 13th Oct 16, 10:43 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 10:43 PM
    What car are you looking for?
    Why do you favour leasing, as opposed to buying (outright or with some kind of finance option)?
    Personal lease or business lease?
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 18th Oct 16, 11:17 AM
    • 8,588 Posts
    • 5,613 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 18th Oct 16, 11:17 AM
    • 18th Oct 16, 11:17 AM
    You require permission from the Admin team to post here on behalf of your business.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 18th Oct 16, 11:36 AM
    • 1,003 Posts
    • 912 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 18th Oct 16, 11:36 AM
    • 18th Oct 16, 11:36 AM
    stuff
    Originally posted by James Teale
    You require permission from the Admin team to post here on behalf of your business.
    Originally posted by neilmcl
    Agreed. Post marked as in the meantime.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • STEVIED553
    • By STEVIED553 20th Oct 16, 3:47 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    STEVIED553
    • 20th Oct 16, 3:47 PM
    • 20th Oct 16, 3:47 PM
    What does that mean *SPAM* ??

My question is genuine !
    • phoenix_w
    • By phoenix_w 20th Oct 16, 5:01 PM
    • 389 Posts
    • 325 Thanks
    phoenix_w
    • 20th Oct 16, 5:01 PM
    • 20th Oct 16, 5:01 PM
    What does that mean *SPAM* ??
    Originally posted by STEVIED553
    It means another poster jumped on this thread to try and sell his or her wares, but it has since been removed.

Why not answer the questions posed to you thus far? What kind of lease do you want (personal/business), have you considered the other options (buying a car outright or using finance)? Is there a particular reason you want to lease? (e.g. new car every x years, fixed price motoring without servicing costs etc?)

Re: your original post, "no hidden nonsense" intrigues me. The biggest problems people have with leases are down to returning the car and being penalised (sometimes unfairly) for mileage/damage/wear and tear - whilst the contract & T&C's you sign will be comprehensive, they are likely to be complicated for a lay person to fully comprehend.
    • heresrobbo
    • By heresrobbo 20th Oct 16, 5:49 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    heresrobbo
    • 20th Oct 16, 5:49 PM
    • 20th Oct 16, 5:49 PM
    Leasing suits some and not others. I lease 2 cars and find it suits me better after a rotton number of years putting my hand in my pocket and forking out for repairs. Some say its dead money...maybe so. However lots of people finance cars then when the finance ends, get another so never really own the car anyhow.
    Be sure the lease company are reputable, I lease direct from Nissan who are spot on. Read the small print regarding damage etc. Finally, be careful on your mileage allowance!!
    • loskie
    • By loskie 20th Oct 16, 7:08 PM
    • 926 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    loskie
    • 20th Oct 16, 7:08 PM
    • 20th Oct 16, 7:08 PM
    they should follow the BVRLA fair wear and tear policy

http://www.bvrla.co.uk/advice/guidance/returning-your-leased-vehicle
    • STEVIED553
    • By STEVIED553 21st Oct 16, 12:20 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    STEVIED553
    • 21st Oct 16, 12:20 PM
    • 21st Oct 16, 12:20 PM
    Thanks for the replies and advice so far..

I feel I have bleeding money in the last 10 years on cars, which have changed for various reasons.

The lease option is appealing as it gets you a new car without the depreciation issues. OK, you own nothing, but similarly you don't own the repairs, and inevitable "used car" maintenance.

Ideally I would like to venture into the hybrid region, the Outlander PHEV. I've been direct to a dealership and the lease costs were laughable. This car suits our family demands, and the type of driving we do, would see a notable saving in fuel costs.

Leasing I wont have the burden of worrying about the fuel battery cells, as I will have moved on before the manufacturer warranty expires...

So.. my original request was.. of all the leasing companies out there, could anyone recommend one over the other for lower initial costs and ease of dealing with reasonable monthly outlay..

Essentially motoring utopia - not asking much ! Thanks
    • almillar
    • By almillar 21st Oct 16, 1:38 PM
    • 6,504 Posts
    • 2,563 Thanks
    almillar
    I feel I have bleeding money in the last 10 years on cars, which have changed for various reasons.
    That's just cars! When leasing, you just know in advance how much you're going to bleed!

I like the Outlander PHEV. If you can charge it, and make sure you switch to electric only for the short journeys, it can really work (and use the petrol engine for the motorway, save the electric for town).
    Mitsubishi isn't a big brand though, and the big leasing companies outside dealerships make money out of pushing lots of popular cars. Look around and you might beat the dealer figures, but you're talking about a £40k (?) car, so it can only be so cheap. Should you be looking at PCP instead, where you pay an amount per month, and leave a final payment (roughly half the value, say) until the end, where you either pay that amount and keep, or pay nothing and hand back. The monthlies would be lower on this than a pure lease, I think.
    Mitsubishi are doing 0% finance on HP on all their cars at the moment:
    http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/outlander/finance.aspx?model=outlander_phev
    Last edited by almillar; 21-10-2016 at 1:40 PM.
    • jbainbridge
    • By jbainbridge 21st Oct 16, 1:45 PM
    • 1,595 Posts
    • 1,033 Thanks
    jbainbridge
    http://www.lingscars.com/Mitsubishi/outlander-leasing/cheap-contract-hire.html#models

Have a look ... might need your sunglasses though!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,724Posts Today

8,460Users online

Martin's Twitter