Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CJM
    • By CJM 13th Oct 16, 7:51 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    CJM
    Preparing For Mortgae Advisor
    • 13th Oct 16, 7:51 PM
    Preparing For Mortgae Advisor 13th Oct 16 at 7:51 PM
    Hi All,

I've looked on the internet and have have found different answers to the following question.

I'm looking to make an appointment with a mortgae advisor in the next week or so and want to be prepared. I'm hoping to sell my flat and buy a house so I'll be borrowing more. So far I've got:

P60, 3 x monthly wage slips, council tax bill and 2 x gas/electric bills.

Is there anything else they will need? I didn't use a mortgage advisor first time hence the (silly?) question.

Many thanks.
Page 1
    • ACG
    • By ACG 13th Oct 16, 7:57 PM
    • 13,492 Posts
    • 6,635 Thanks
    ACG
    • 13th Oct 16, 7:57 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 7:57 PM
    3 x bank statements.

I was going to say there is no such thing as a daft question but some people have tested that statement :-P

In all honesty though, just ask anything you are unsure about. The only daft questions are the ones that do not get asked.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • ACG
    • By ACG 13th Oct 16, 7:58 PM
    • 13,492 Posts
    • 6,635 Thanks
    ACG
    • 13th Oct 16, 7:58 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 7:58 PM
    oh ad ID (driving license/passport).
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • CJM
    • By CJM 13th Oct 16, 8:11 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CJM
    • 13th Oct 16, 8:11 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 8:11 PM
    Thanks for your quick response ACG. Are printed bank statements ok? I went paperless a few years back trying to do my bit for the environment!
    • ACG
    • By ACG 13th Oct 16, 8:26 PM
    • 13,492 Posts
    • 6,635 Thanks
    ACG
    • 13th Oct 16, 8:26 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 8:26 PM
    Depends on the lender but usually internet bank statements are fine. If not, you can normally get them printed and stamped in branch.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 13th Oct 16, 9:38 PM
    • 30,019 Posts
    • 15,961 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 13th Oct 16, 9:38 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 9:38 PM
    If you have a clean credit history, get a copy of your report from www.noddle.co.uk. It just shows the broker you are clean.

If you have a suspect history do the above AND get Equifax and Experian versions as well as the broker will want to establish what is visible and to whom.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,294Posts Today

8,799Users online

Martin's Twitter