Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • oloroso101
    • By oloroso101 13th Oct 16, 7:35 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    oloroso101
    Current account switch - min pay in work around
    • 13th Oct 16, 7:35 PM
    Current account switch - min pay in work around 13th Oct 16 at 7:35 PM
    Hi,

This has probably been addressed before regarding the minimum pay in to receive the switching bonuses of £100-£150.

If I need to pay in a minimum of £1000 a month to get the current account switch bonus, can I just transfer it in from another one of my accounts and then transfer back out again?

I have two current accounts, so can I keep my main account and switch the second account over for this purpose?

Thanks all
Page 1
    • TheShape
    • By TheShape 13th Oct 16, 8:14 PM
    • 419 Posts
    • 203 Thanks
    TheShape
    • 13th Oct 16, 8:14 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 8:14 PM
    Yes and Yes.

You can do manual transfers of the money or set up standing orders.

Check wether the account you switch has to have Direct Debits attached.
    • badger09
    • By badger09 14th Oct 16, 3:08 PM
    • 4,266 Posts
    • 3,480 Thanks
    badger09
    • 14th Oct 16, 3:08 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 3:08 PM
    Hi,

This has probably been addressed before regarding the minimum pay in to receive the switching bonuses of £100-£150.

If I need to pay in a minimum of £1000 a month to get the current account switch bonus, can I just transfer it in from another one of my accounts and then transfer back out again?

I have two current accounts, so can I keep my main account and switch the second account over for this purpose?

Thanks all
    Originally posted by oloroso101
    Generally yes. However, if both your current accounts are with the same bank, this might not work (eg Nationwide and Santander).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

412Posts Today

2,652Users online

Martin's Twitter