Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Joejoe
    • By Joejoe 13th Oct 16, 7:07 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Joejoe
    Black Horse Ltd
    • 13th Oct 16, 7:07 PM
    Black Horse Ltd 13th Oct 16 at 7:07 PM
    On my linked addresses of my credit report there is a Black Horse Ltd listed at an old address for me dating back to 2007. Cant for the life of me remember who this is for. Is it going to be Lloyds or someone else.

I am just going back through my records to see if I have been charged any PPI and want to find out who this is to write to them.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Page 1
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 13th Oct 16, 7:14 PM
    • 13,869 Posts
    • 19,362 Thanks
    antrobus
    • 13th Oct 16, 7:14 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 7:14 PM
    On my linked addresses of my credit report there is a Black Horse Ltd listed at an old address for me dating back to 2007. Cant for the life of me remember who this is for. Is it going to be Lloyds or someone else.

I am just going back through my records to see if I have been charged any PPI and want to find out who this is to write to them.

Originally posted by Joejoe

Black Horse Ltd is Lloyds Bank's asset finance operation.
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 13th Oct 16, 8:06 PM
    • 664 Posts
    • 817 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    • 13th Oct 16, 8:06 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 8:06 PM
    Car finance?
    Mummy to 2 little boys born in 2013 & 2015
    House on the market for 19 months ....SOLD! ...complete!
    Natalie
    • Joejoe
    • By Joejoe 13th Oct 16, 8:10 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Joejoe
    • 13th Oct 16, 8:10 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 8:10 PM
    Never bought a car on finance.
    • Joejoe
    • By Joejoe 13th Oct 16, 8:11 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Joejoe
    • 13th Oct 16, 8:11 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 8:11 PM
    Would they have financed purchase of a computer? I think I may have bought one of them on finance.
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 13th Oct 16, 8:17 PM
    • 664 Posts
    • 817 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride
    • 13th Oct 16, 8:17 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 8:17 PM
    Possibly...does the credit file reference come with an account/agreement number? Just give them a call. The first couple of characters in the agreement number will usually be enough for someone in Blackhorse to work out what the asset was.
    Mummy to 2 little boys born in 2013 & 2015
    House on the market for 19 months ....SOLD! ...complete!
    Natalie
    • GingerBob
    • By GingerBob 13th Oct 16, 10:03 PM
    • 3,043 Posts
    • 1,285 Thanks
    GingerBob
    • 13th Oct 16, 10:03 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 10:03 PM

Originally posted by Joejoe

An account from nine years ago? How come? Records are deleted (suppressed) after six years.
    • bazzyb
    • By bazzyb 13th Oct 16, 10:48 PM
    • 874 Posts
    • 2,628 Thanks
    bazzyb
    • 13th Oct 16, 10:48 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 10:48 PM
    An account from nine years ago? How come? Records are deleted (suppressed) after six years.
    Originally posted by GingerBob
    Linked addresses can be kept longer than six years, it is only account information which is removed.
    • GingerBob
    • By GingerBob 13th Oct 16, 11:00 PM
    • 3,043 Posts
    • 1,285 Thanks
    GingerBob
    • 13th Oct 16, 11:00 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 11:00 PM
    Linked addresses can be kept longer than six years, it is only account information which is removed.
    Originally posted by bazzyb

Yes, but the OP suggests there's an account with nine-year-old records on the linked address.
    • bazzyb
    • By bazzyb 13th Oct 16, 11:06 PM
    • 874 Posts
    • 2,628 Thanks
    bazzyb
    Yes, but the OP suggests there's an account with nine-year-old records on the linked address.
    I don't think accounts are listed under linked addresses... I see what you mean though about how the post was worded, I assumed the OP meant that the link/association with the address shows as being recorded by Black Horse - this information would show even after the account itself had dropped off the file.

Perhaps the OP could clarify what they meant?
    • GingerBob
    • By GingerBob 13th Oct 16, 11:09 PM
    • 3,043 Posts
    • 1,285 Thanks
    GingerBob
    I cannot understand why CRAs are allowed to keep publishing linked address data indefinitely.
    • bazzyb
    • By bazzyb 13th Oct 16, 11:17 PM
    • 874 Posts
    • 2,628 Thanks
    bazzyb
    I cannot understand why CRAs are allowed to keep publishing linked address data indefinitely.
    Agreed. ICO guidelines state it should be kept for "as long as necessary", which the CRAs seem to interpret as meaning they can keep it on there forever. I really don't see how a 9 year old linked address would be of any use to anybody, so shouldn't really be kept in my opinion.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

716Posts Today

5,628Users online

Martin's Twitter