Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• AJ1980
    • By AJ1980 13th Oct 16, 7:06 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Transferring money between spouses
    • 13th Oct 16, 7:06 PM
    Transferring money between spouses 13th Oct 16 at 7:06 PM
    Hi, I have a question regarding transfers between spouses. My wife has a bank account in Spain (in her sole name) from which we wish to transfer some funds to my bank account in the UK (in my sole name).
    As I understand, inter-spousal transfers in the UK are not subject to any kind of tax (correct me if this is not accurate...).

Does anybody know if this would be any different coming from an overseas / EU bank account? All the money is traceable from income, and has already been taxed in Spain.

Thanks for any help...
Page 1
    • grey gym sock
    • By grey gym sock 14th Oct 16, 1:06 AM
    • 3,778 Posts
    • 3,166 Thanks
    grey gym sock
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:06 AM
    • 14th Oct 16, 1:06 AM
    there no UK tax on transfers between spouses, though i can't comment on spanish tax. where the bank accounts are doesn't make any difference.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,685Posts Today

6,641Users online

Martin's Twitter