Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BEAT THE DEBT
    • By BEAT THE DEBT 13th Oct 16, 6:43 PM
    • 2,102Posts
    • 5,086Thanks
    BEAT THE DEBT
    ppi joint with ex husband
    • 13th Oct 16, 6:43 PM
    ppi joint with ex husband 13th Oct 16 at 6:43 PM
    Hi am i able to claim for ppi on a mortgage that i had when i was with my ex husband? Do i need his permission?
    Thanks
    btd
    Started comping 2nd May 16. Wins so far... May was
    cat wormer ^.^ Rose hamper from m&s. Heal cream. June cool bag. July febreeze win for review Minky £100 ironing bundle. August. Handmade throw fbk.
    Sept,a canvas print and cushion fb. A window cleaner tool fb. Oct: A diamond ring keyring. Nov. Foot care bundle, sonic toothbrush.
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 13th Oct 16, 7:29 PM
    • 85,089 Posts
    • 50,111 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 13th Oct 16, 7:29 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 7:29 PM
    Hi am i able to claim for ppi on a mortgage that i had when i was with my ex husband? Do i need his permission?
    Some firms will require both signatures on the complaint. The FOS seem to back this approach.

Plus, you will need to involve the ex as if the complaint is successful, they will get half the refund. Although that is jumping the gun a bit as most MPPI complaints fail.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,764Posts Today

6,413Users online

Martin's Twitter