Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 13th Oct 16, 4:42 PM
    • 1,927Posts
    • 3,345Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Beards
    • 13th Oct 16, 4:42 PM
    Beards 13th Oct 16 at 4:42 PM

I see that beards are becoming quite a trend. I think I prefer a proper beard to the unshaven look.
    Ladies and gentleman, what are your views on facial hair?
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
Page 3
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 14th Oct 16, 11:31 AM
    • 11,486 Posts
    • 15,378 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    I don't really have a choice with the stubble. If I shave in the morning before work by the time I finish I'll have stubble again. I look better with a bit of stubble anyway so I'm not too bothered.
    Originally posted by Gavin83
    I have the same problem, if I shave on Monday before work, I have stubble again by the following Monday morning.
    Advice; it rhymes with mice. Advise; it rhymes with wise.
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 14th Oct 16, 1:09 PM
    • 1,927 Posts
    • 3,345 Thanks
    Tipsntreats

There is something about moustache.
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 14th Oct 16, 4:43 PM
    • 1,927 Posts
    • 3,345 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    I have given this some considerable thought.
    At the end of the day, it is whatever tickles your fancy.
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • kabayiri
    • By kabayiri 14th Oct 16, 4:56 PM
    • 13,723 Posts
    • 37,245 Thanks
    kabayiri
    C'mon ....

Don't you think Conchita looks better with a beard ?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conchita_Wurst

In the link above he looks like some scrawny bloke when he was Tom Neuwirth back in 2007.

As Conchita his beard looks very neat and tidy. He looks like your sister's Barbie which you drew on with biro and got into trouble from the parents.
    • GwylimT
    • By GwylimT 14th Oct 16, 4:58 PM
    • 5,441 Posts
    • 10,134 Thanks
    GwylimT
    I have a beard, wet or dry shaving gives me eczema on my face.
    • kabayiri
    • By kabayiri 14th Oct 16, 5:07 PM
    • 13,723 Posts
    • 37,245 Thanks
    kabayiri
    I suppose I should consider a beard, when you look at the cost of Gillette's latest 28 blade razors. (I'm sure they must be up to 28 by now). You need to remortgage for a pack of 4.

Of course you can use supermarket disposables, but they have all the refinement of a potato peeler.

Is that laser hair removal thing cheap? I could do without the shaving hassle.
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 14th Oct 16, 5:42 PM
    • 1,927 Posts
    • 3,345 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    I have a beard, wet or dry shaving gives me eczema on my face.
    Making me go serious on a Friday - Try Fullers Earth, old fashioned but it works,

I suppose I should consider a beard, when you look at the cost of Gillette's latest 28 blade razors. (I'm sure they must be up to 28 by now). You need to remortgage for a pack of 4.
    - https://www.razors4u.com/blades/mens/gillette-mach-3-cartridges.html?gclid=COuRt5Xe2s8CFfMV0wodWhcJSA
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • prosaver
    • By prosaver 14th Oct 16, 5:51 PM
    • 5,055 Posts
    • 3,862 Thanks
    prosaver
    how come clowns dont have beards/
    Referendum,Lisbon Treaty. shamelessly broken by labour and we never had the chance to vote on probably the most important change in Britain’s sovereignty in hundreds of years. Then Brown slunk off to sign the Treaty alone, away from the cameras and other European leaders, as if embarrassed by this betrayal of the people he’s paid to represent.
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 14th Oct 16, 5:52 PM
    • 1,927 Posts
    • 3,345 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    prosaver you scared the life out of me.
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • GwylimT
    • By GwylimT 14th Oct 16, 6:07 PM
    • 5,441 Posts
    • 10,134 Thanks
    GwylimT
    Making me go serious on a Friday - Try Fullers Earth, old fashioned but it works,

- https://www.razors4u.com/blades/mens/gillette-mach-3-cartridges.html?gclid=COuRt5Xe2s8CFfMV0wodWhcJSA
    Originally posted by Tipsntreats
    The shaving soap? Just had a google and its no different to others ingredient wise.
    • Kim kim
    • By Kim kim 14th Oct 16, 6:11 PM
    • 1,654 Posts
    • 2,501 Thanks
    Kim kim
    One of my Sons friends has a neck beard. Anyone a fan? I think they are vile.
    Originally posted by Judi
    Neck beard?

ETA - urgh :-( I just googled :-(
    • Fridge2
    • By Fridge2 14th Oct 16, 8:14 PM
    • 4,324 Posts
    • 9,729 Thanks
    Fridge2
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved, than those who falsely believe they are free." - Goethe
    • thor
    • By thor 25th Oct 16, 1:27 AM
    • 5,145 Posts
    • 1,830 Thanks
    thor
    Does a beard look better than clean? I guess it is a matter of taste. Some love it while others are repulsed. Similarly I find short haired women completely unattractive while others seem to regard them as sexy.
    The longest I've ever gone without shaving was a month and it was really staring to irritate my face so I won't be going down that route again.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,690Posts Today

6,415Users online

Martin's Twitter