Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • georgiousg
    • By georgiousg 13th Oct 16, 4:23 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 3Thanks
    georgiousg
    4 firms after me -DRP / ZZPS / PE & PARKING & PROPERTY MANAGMENT-CC Biz Centre letter
    • 13th Oct 16, 4:23 PM
    4 firms after me -DRP / ZZPS / PE & PARKING & PROPERTY MANAGMENT-CC Biz Centre letter 13th Oct 16 at 4:23 PM
    Hi Guys,

I truly am a newbie here and their are probably threads already on here but i have 4 different letters which are now starting to worry me. Normally i never reply to any private firms but they haven't stopped for months now and i have received a county court letter from the business centre in northampton. I have uploaded the 4 different letters, if i could get specifics on how to handle each one i would be so very grateful. i read just to ignore and they will go away?? is this still true for all 4 of my issues??? Please any advice i would be so grateful. Thank you

The main issue i face is a defence for the County Court Letter they sent me - Please see below link

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38484711/court%20county%20letter%20update.jpg

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38484711/drp%20-%20update.jpg

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38484711/Parking%20eye%20-%20update.jpg

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38484711/zzps%20-%20update.jpg

i have re uploaded without my info for security reasons

i know it I'm amateur but i really do appreciate you taking your time to help me

Thank you again
    Last edited by georgiousg; 13-10-2016 at 9:43 PM.
Page 1
    • The Slithy Tove
    • By The Slithy Tove 13th Oct 16, 4:31 PM
    • 3,091 Posts
    • 4,380 Thanks
    The Slithy Tove
    • 13th Oct 16, 4:31 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 4:31 PM
    Take down the court claim doc right now! It has the claim number and password in plain sight. Also the other docs have identifying information, e.g. PCN numbers, registration numbers. REMOVE THEM - edit your post and remove the links for a start.

The Court Claim is the most important document, and you MUST act by logging on, acknowledging the claim, but leaving the defence field EMPTY. This gives you more time.

Are you sure this is all the same thing? It's unusual for ParkingEye to go through ZZPS and then Gladstones. They have their own (and marginally more competent) in-house legal people.
    • georgiousg
    • By georgiousg 13th Oct 16, 4:54 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    georgiousg
    • 13th Oct 16, 4:54 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 4:54 PM
    thanks, they are 4 different parking fines - usually they just go away but these 4 specifically have not stopped
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 13th Oct 16, 5:05 PM
    • 5,353 Posts
    • 4,882 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 13th Oct 16, 5:05 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 5:05 PM
    ZZPS IS DR+ , read the small print at the bottom of the letters , those 2 companies are used by PARKING & PROPERTY MANAGEMENT

Parking eye is a separate company , in the BPA that do their own donkey work
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 13th Oct 16, 5:38 PM
    • 977 Posts
    • 1,714 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 13th Oct 16, 5:38 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 5:38 PM
    The claim is the priority one. Have you acknowledged service?

If you acknowledge you get 28 days from the date on the claim to enter a defence so plenty of time to do that.

But get the Acknowledgement done as its a 5 minute job. Then you can take a few days to work on the defence by searching the threads here.
    Last edited by IamEmanresu; 13-10-2016 at 5:41 PM.
    General Election coming up? Your MP worried about his/her job? Give them something to do and get them to sort out these parking cowboys. Search "Theyworkforyou" for the name of your MP.
    • georgiousg
    • By georgiousg 13th Oct 16, 5:39 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    georgiousg
    • 13th Oct 16, 5:39 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 5:39 PM
    i have re uploaded each parking ticket - any help with any one of these is much appreciated
    • georgiousg
    • By georgiousg 13th Oct 16, 5:40 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    georgiousg
    • 13th Oct 16, 5:40 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 5:40 PM
    no - shall i log in and acknowledge??
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 13th Oct 16, 5:46 PM
    • 5,353 Posts
    • 4,882 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 13th Oct 16, 5:46 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 5:46 PM
    is there san instruction book showing how to get those files to show ? , do we change something , do we add something , or do we wait for a passing 7 yr old
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Oct 16, 5:50 PM
    • 40,372 Posts
    • 52,253 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Oct 16, 5:50 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 5:50 PM
    no - shall i log in and acknowledge??
    Originally posted by georgiousg
    Yes, as shown here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71340016#post71340016

Then come back here to research court defences (shown in LOTS of threads, including page two of that one I just linked) which you will need to submit online too, within 28 days of service of those court papers. however, you will need to check with us regarding perfecting your defence draft before submitting it, show us like the linked poster did, after reading maybe a dozen other examples you find when searching on here or on pepipoo forum:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60

Loads of examples of people going through the same thing on both forums, lots of help and lots of example defences to draw inspiration from.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 13-10-2016 at 6:09 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Oct 16, 6:00 PM
    • 10,967 Posts
    • 16,358 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    You need to acknowledge service pronto, to give you a total number of days to submit your initial defence of 5 (to cover service to you) + 14 + 14 = 33 days from the issue date on the court document.

PE are the most litigious PPC in the country, so you'll need to get all your ducks in a row to beat them at court.

Parking & Property Management have also become litigious of late, so don't be surprised if you get court papers from them too.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Parking_and_Property_Management.html

Ignoring private parking charges has not been advised for the past 4 years. They can be ignored if you're experienced and know what you're doing, and with which PPC - I'm afraid you're not in that league by the looks of things at this point.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • georgiousg
    • By georgiousg 13th Oct 16, 6:00 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    georgiousg
    i have acknowledged the court form and I'm researching defence examples thanks
    • Castle
    • By Castle 13th Oct 16, 6:04 PM
    • 1,061 Posts
    • 1,316 Thanks
    Castle
    ZZPS IS DR+ , read the small print at the bottom of the letters , those 2 companies are used by PARKING & PROPERTY MANAGEMENT

Parking eye is a separate company , in the BPA that do their own donkey work
    Originally posted by pappa golf
    ZZPS is not part of DR+; it's Zenith Collections which is.
    • georgiousg
    • By georgiousg 13th Oct 16, 6:05 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    georgiousg
    any advice on the other 3 letters I've got??
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 13th Oct 16, 6:07 PM
    • 5,353 Posts
    • 4,882 Thanks
    pappa golf
    my apologies , they all spit in the same pot
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Oct 16, 6:30 PM
    • 10,967 Posts
    • 16,358 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Anything from a debt collector can be ignored.

Just had a look at the photo links and converted them to 'live' below:

1. Parking & Property Mgt - Court Papers
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38484711/court%20county%20letter%20update.jpg

2. PCN from ParkingEye
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38484711/Parking%20eye%20-%20update.jpg

3. Letter from ZZPS (on behalf of Civil Enforcement Ltd)
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38484711/zzps%20-%20update.jpg

4. Letter from DRP (on behalf of UKPC).
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38484711/drp%20-%20update.jpg

ACTION

1. You've just acknowledged service. Get on with researching defences.

2. You're still within the dates to appeal this - read the newbies FAQ sticky, post #1, and use the blue text initial appeal and get that off to PE. If you don't appeal this you are quite likely to be served court papers.

3. This relates to a PCN from May 2016 - ZZPS can be ignored, but if this is referred back to CEL, you may get a Letter Before Action. CEL are mildly litigious and have 6 years to pursue this to court. Nothing you can do now but wait and see.

4. DRP can be ignored, but as in 3 (above) this could end with a LBA as UKPC has become particularly keen to issue court papers in the past couple of months. Again, they have 6 years to pursue this to court. Nothing you can do now but wait and see

In all the above cases - have you complained to the respective landowners and asked them to intervene?
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• georgiousg
    • By georgiousg 13th Oct 16, 6:41 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    georgiousg
    thank you so much - this was very useful.

in regards to no2 is tier a link u can post which takes me to the defence post?? i cant seem to find it
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Oct 16, 6:47 PM
    • 10,967 Posts
    • 16,358 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    thank you so much - this was very useful.

in regards to no2 is tier a link u can post which takes me to the defence post?? i cant seem to find it
    Originally posted by georgiousg
    No 2 isn't at 'defence' stage, it's at 'initial appeal' stage.

The newbies sticky is near the top of this forum's thread list - one page back from this one. It's the one you first landed on to start your thread.

You do need to learn how to search this forum without asking for links all the time - regulars won't keep providing links, and as you've so much work to do, the search function will be a vital tool in undertaking your research.

• georgiousg
    • By georgiousg 13th Oct 16, 7:34 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    georgiousg
    i have now appealed case 2 (The parking eye hospital pen) - i will wait for case 3 & 4 and see how they treat me going forward. Thanks you all for your help.

i am currently researching defences for the county court letter - if anybody has any examples or templates i could use that would be much appreciated - i apparently parked on a private property and was issued with a pen notice by parking and property management ltd
    • georgiousg
    • By georgiousg 13th Oct 16, 8:41 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    georgiousg
    any other advise regarding any of these parking tickets would be greatly appreciated - right now i have appealed no 2 and will wait for what happens with 3 and 4. i suppose appeal 3 and 4 now wouldn't be the right thing to do?? plus any defences for this county court would be good help - thanks
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Oct 16, 9:08 PM
    • 36,442 Posts
    • 73,247 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    You can appeal 3 and 4 using the BPA template in blue. Even though they will say you are too late to appeal, the UK Government says otherwise.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/288199/bis-14-575-implementing-alternative-dispute-resolution-directive-and-online-dispute-resolution-regulation-consultation.pdf

Page 27 item 64 gives reasons for refusing ADR. One of the reasons is,

"the complaint is not submitted within a pre-specified time limit (which cannot be set at less than a year from when the complaint was first submitted to the business)"

Your appeal is within that timeframe therefore they must consider it.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,195Posts Today

5,557Users online

Martin's Twitter