Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Milly455
    • By Milly455 13th Oct 16, 2:11 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Milly455
    Santander PPI
    • 13th Oct 16, 2:11 PM
    Santander PPI 13th Oct 16 at 2:11 PM
    I have today been told by Santander that I cannot pursue a previous claim for mis-sold PPI insurance as I did not respond within the 6 month time frame. However, I can find no evidence of receiving a letter from them saying there was a time frame. They said they would enclose a copy of this letter in their recent correspondence but then failed to. Can i still pursue this claim?
Page 1
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 13th Oct 16, 2:30 PM
    • 2,957 Posts
    • 1,600 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 13th Oct 16, 2:30 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 2:30 PM
    It sounds like they rejected your complaint but the rejection allows you 6 months to refer to the FOS, after that they can time bar the complaint. Unless you had an old address where they sent the post to, in which case you might have an argument over the time bar, otherwise unfortunately the complaint is over. Proof of sending is accepted by the FOS and first class mail is deemed delivered after 2 days
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 13th Oct 16, 2:36 PM
    • 17,229 Posts
    • 7,772 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 13th Oct 16, 2:36 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 2:36 PM
    However, I can find no evidence of receiving a letter from them saying there was a time frame.
    Originally posted by Milly455
    The details of how to refer your complaint to the Ombudsman are included with every rejection. You won't be allowed to refer your old complaint simply because you no longer have these details.
    What makes you think your complaint would have been successful at the Ombudsman? What was your complaint and why was it rejected?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,561Posts Today

7,303Users online

Martin's Twitter