Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • szam_
    • By szam_ 13th Oct 16, 1:49 PM
    • 610Posts
    • 567Thanks
    szam_
    Calculating final salary
    • 13th Oct 16, 1:49 PM
    Calculating final salary 13th Oct 16 at 1:49 PM
    Wondering if anyone here is any good at calculating wages etc as I'm a bit worried about finances next month due to moving employment so I just need to make sure what I have to work with so I can plan ahead accordingly.

Basically, I'm on a salary of just over 26,000 a year, so just for arguments sake, I've rounded to the nearest thousand.

So the basic maths are:

Salary / Total working days in a year - 26,000 / 260 = 100 (per day).

By the time I leave, I will have worked 15 days this month - 100 * 15 = 1500 (gross)

However, I owe two days leave which actually leaves me with 1300.

Now this is the confusing bit for me, I owe around 650 left on a cycle to work scheme that I took out as I didn't anticipate on leaving this year, I started this in June. My C2W states that I won't get tax relief on the remaining amount.

Can someone advise me on if the below is correct, or if I'm wrong, how I should calculate it?

So 1300 minus the tax on that amount is: £1,147.93

Minus the remainder on the C2W (650) means I should be paid around £498?

I have put some money aside to supplement that massive decrease next month and I don't know if I will get paid at the end of this month for my first week and couple of days in my new job, and can survive off the OH's wage for November, I just need to make sure I can cover the rent as this is paid before my OH is paid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by szam_; 13-10-2016 at 1:54 PM.
    XBL: xSzam

Page 1
    • Kynthia
    • By Kynthia 14th Oct 16, 11:09 AM
    • 4,695 Posts
    • 6,712 Thanks
    Kynthia
    • 14th Oct 16, 11:09 AM
    • 14th Oct 16, 11:09 AM
    As you've had no responses try the Cutting Tax part of the forum. Tge accountants and tax bods there may be better at helping particularly with the tax issues on the ctw scheme.
    Don't listen to me, I'm no expert!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,424Posts Today

7,186Users online

Martin's Twitter