Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Paigedegville17
    • By Paigedegville17 13th Oct 16, 1:21 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Paigedegville17
    Default on credit file wrongly administrated
    • 13th Oct 16, 1:21 PM
    Default on credit file wrongly administrated 13th Oct 16 at 1:21 PM
    Hi I really need help with a default that has wrongly been put on my credit file.
    I took out a contract with EE in 2013 I decided that the day of delivery I no longer wanted it so declined it at the door and courier took the mobile phone away. I contacted EE who assured me the contract was cancelled and no money would leave my account and the matter was settled.
    EE continued to take the monthly charge for the handset from my bank account for over a year.
    When contacting EE about the monthly direct debits leaving my account I got nowhere employees was saying one thing to me and doing another and I was going round in circles, so I contacted my bank and got them to reclaim all my direct debits back which they day and I got really full amount back.
    I recently went to apply for a mortgage and got declined to my horror I had no idea why as I pay everything on time via direct debit.
    When checking my credit file I have noticed I have a default on there from EE for the mobile phone which I declined. I have contacted EE via telephone and email and was told on Saturday the default would be taken off within 24 hours. 5 days later it's still on. So Today I have emailed them again and awaiting there response.
    This is highly affecting my life in many ways even to which I can't move my direct debits to the 1st of every month because of my default on my credit file!
    I am hoping to get some sort of compensation for all the wrong doings made by EE.
    How do I go about this
Page 1
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 13th Oct 16, 10:10 PM
    • 23,191 Posts
    • 10,538 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 13th Oct 16, 10:10 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 10:10 PM
    Start a formal complaint - then if they do not play ball go to the mobile ombudsman service.
    Alternatively start a legal case against them.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • Paigedegville17
    • By Paigedegville17 13th Oct 16, 11:20 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Paigedegville17
    • 13th Oct 16, 11:20 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 11:20 PM
    I have done 2 formal complaints to them had 1 response and still awaiting a response from last email sent. I have contacted the Ombudsman who have told me I have to wait a further 7weeks untill they can get involved. I have no idea what more I can do
  • National Debtline
    • 14th Oct 16, 12:09 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 12:09 PM
    At this stage there doesn't seem as though there is any more you can do. EE will have 8 weeks to try and resolve the complaint before you can go to the TeleCommunications Ombudsman. You can seek compensation for inconvenience and stress as part of your complaint but this is discretionary. If you feel that the Ombudsman doesn't resolve this either, then JonesMUFCforever is correct, your only other choice at that stage would be legal action. But be careful, that could be pricey.

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

693Posts Today

4,164Users online

Martin's Twitter