Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ellie27
    • By ellie27 13th Oct 16, 12:19 PM
    • 959Posts
    • 649Thanks
    ellie27
    House/room rearrange, any ideas welcome.
    • 13th Oct 16, 12:19 PM
    House/room rearrange, any ideas welcome. 13th Oct 16 at 12:19 PM
    Below is a link to my house plan I have quickly made up (ground floor only, we have 3 bedrooms up the stairs)

We want a kitchen/diner with doors onto back garden (basically doors will be along back of kitchen where hob is in the pic)

Makes sense we knock through wall between dining room and kitchen and open up into the 'storage' cupboard too. Would this give us enough room?

Only thing is....... those stairs to get up to the bedrooms, stairs are in the dining room...... the bottom of stair starts at the bottom right corner of the dining room, top of stairs being directly above door into dining room.

Ideally I would want my stairs blocked off and not lead directly into my kitchen/diner but don't think there are may options..... my hallway above the stairs is pretty much just 1 square metre of floor with 3 doorways off - the smallest hall you can get!

I would be up for reconfiguring downstairs.

The 2 downstairs bedrooms are currently not used, just spare rooms.

There is a single garage, The dimensions of that on the plan are not accurate but probably not far off.

Thoughts recently have been....... convert garage and extend a bit at front to allow it to open into that back bedroom to create an L-shape, with glass doors on both back walls of the L onto back terrace.

We are going to get in touch with an architect this week to hope start the ball rolling but just thought I would put on here for any suggestions.

Many thanks!

https://planner5d.com/view/?key=a8a1a5cf6408e4ff6fa9f7694b76710c
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

279Posts Today

2,542Users online

Martin's Twitter