Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gardenpot
    • By Gardenpot 13th Oct 16, 12:10 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Gardenpot
    Bathroom lighting problem/recommendation
    • 13th Oct 16, 12:10 PM
    Bathroom lighting problem/recommendation 13th Oct 16 at 12:10 PM
    Any advice/help appreciated....

Our new buy to let flat has a bathroom ceiling flush light but i seem to be unlucky as two have been broken in the last 4 years. Not just the led bulbs, but either its exploded, or clips on the base are broken( clips broken in the hands when changing the bulbs as per my tenants). So I have had to change the whole light each time. I have done some research but so far can't find a real one with a good review. Any suggestions out there for brands, styles and websites to buy the durable and easily maintained bathroom light so my tenant can change bulbs easily and won't damage the light? Or better still a 3 spot light style might be stronger?
    As most lights only come with a 1 year guarantee, its an expensive problem especially paying fitting charges as well....
Page 1
    • Lisbon
    • By Lisbon 13th Oct 16, 2:50 PM
    • 245 Posts
    • 267 Thanks
    Lisbon
    • 13th Oct 16, 2:50 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 2:50 PM
    Any inexpensive flush light from Homebase or similar should do the trick. If you use a low-energy bulb with a 7-year lifespan, even tenants who use the bathroom a lot shouldn't need to change it more than once every five years or so.
    • Nile
    • By Nile 13th Oct 16, 5:11 PM
    • 14,066 Posts
    • 13,935 Thanks
    Nile
    • 13th Oct 16, 5:11 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 5:11 PM
    Hi Gardenpot

Welcome to the MSE forum.

We move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.

I’ve moved your thread from the ‘I wanna’ to the ‘In my home’ board’, where it is better suited.

Regards

Nile
    Hi, I'm the Board Guide on the In my home (includes DIY) and the I wanna buy-it or do-it boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, do remember that Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
    • Gardenpot
    • By Gardenpot 14th Oct 16, 7:06 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gardenpot
    • 14th Oct 16, 7:06 AM
    Bathroom light
    • 14th Oct 16, 7:06 AM
    Many thanks for your help.
    That means those expensive lights are not durable? The labor is more expensive than light , ideally we want quality, durability and decent price.?
    • Tealblue
    • By Tealblue 15th Oct 16, 1:04 PM
    • 446 Posts
    • 821 Thanks
    Tealblue
    • 15th Oct 16, 1:04 PM
    • 15th Oct 16, 1:04 PM
    Without knowing exactly what you bought before, it's hard to answer your question - but given the experience you've just had, there seems to be nothing lost in buying a moderately priced fitting which is aesthetically pleasing to you and should do the job just as well as a more expensive one.
    • maryp1
    • By maryp1 15th Oct 16, 1:48 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    maryp1
    • 15th Oct 16, 1:48 PM
    • 15th Oct 16, 1:48 PM
    Bathroom lighting shouldn't be a problem for anyone, it depends on your preference. In case you need bathroom lights, search Amazon, it has too many such products!
    • missile
    • By missile 15th Oct 16, 10:09 PM
    • 8,316 Posts
    • 3,947 Thanks
    missile
    • 15th Oct 16, 10:09 PM
    • 15th Oct 16, 10:09 PM
    Screwfix sell a variety of bathroom light fittings.

I am surprised two previous fittings have both failed. Perhaps they were not suitable for use in a bathroom?
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,523Posts Today

3,965Users online

Martin's Twitter