Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• chokolat2
    • By chokolat2 13th Oct 16, 11:37 AM
    • 391Posts
    • 46Thanks
    Barclaycard Fraud Check
    • 13th Oct 16, 11:37 AM
    Barclaycard Fraud Check 13th Oct 16 at 11:37 AM
    HI everyone.

Just wondering if anyone ever experienced this from Barclaycard.
    A few days ago, I made a few purchases online, and I was asked to create a Secure password, after which my Barclaycard was blocked.
    After a quick phone call, everything was sorted.

Yesterday, I made another purchase and was asked for this Secure password, but (stupid, I know) I forgot to write it down, but I was able to create a new one and continue with my purchase successfully.
    However, I then attempted to make 1 more purchase, and was declined!
    I telephoned the Barclaycard fraud team and the lady asked me 2 security questions (which I answered correctly) but said she did not have access to my account! She transferred the call to someone else, for further security questions, all of which answered no problem, except for my previous address. I was honest with the agent and advised I do not remember it (although I correctly stated the area) as this was more than 14 years ago.
    She said she cannot get access to my account and has arranged a call back for today.
    Anyone experienced this at all ?
    I was trying to be good this year on starting my Christmas shopping, but after all this feel so demotivated again. Feels like Barclaycard block the card after a few purchases, and then you spend hours trying to prove who you are on the phone.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,413Posts Today

7,274Users online

Martin's Twitter