Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• FluroFrancis
    • By FluroFrancis 13th Oct 16, 11:13 AM
    • 23Posts
    • 4Thanks
    capital one - existing customer deals?
    • 13th Oct 16, 11:13 AM
    capital one - existing customer deals? 13th Oct 16 at 11:13 AM
    had the card for years, limit over 2k just owe about 300 squid (35% apr I think) which can probably pay off in the next couple of months or might balance transfer elsewhere, is it worth phoning them to a try get a deal, either now to reduce the apr or maybe when its cleared to get a balance transfer offer to clear one of my other cards, anyone got any thoughts?
Page 1
    • theburningcat
    • By theburningcat 14th Oct 16, 8:33 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    • 14th Oct 16, 8:33 PM
    • 14th Oct 16, 8:33 PM
    I got a Classic card when I was 18 (~7 years ago). It was 30% then and I had a £200 limit. It was increased to £800 without me asking around the time I started to pay the balance in full every month. About 6 months later, they increased it again to £1500 odd and added 0.5% cashback, again without me asking.

A few months later, I knew I could get a better deal with another company so I called them, expecting them to make some effort to retain my business. They didn't make any effort at all - they just asked me if I wanted to cancel and cancelled it right away.

So I would say you might get something from them, but not by asking!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,562Posts Today

6,124Users online

Martin's Twitter