Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • alice_gal
    • By alice_gal 13th Oct 16, 10:47 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    alice_gal
    Virgin Money credit card - how long did the application decision make?
    • 13th Oct 16, 10:47 AM
    Virgin Money credit card - how long did the application decision make? 13th Oct 16 at 10:47 AM
    Hi,

I applied for Virgin Money credit card this morning (first credit card). After completing my application, I received an email that said:

Thank you for applying for a Virgin Credit Card. We are considering your application based on the information you have provided, and will be in touch again soon.

Just wondered what other people's experiences are with Virgin Money applications and how long they take? Keen to get this sorted as I go on my honeymoon in two weeks and I need the credit card to secure our hire car when we are out there

Thanks!
Page 1
    • Blueyoshi
    • By Blueyoshi 13th Oct 16, 11:32 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Blueyoshi
    • 13th Oct 16, 11:32 AM
    • 13th Oct 16, 11:32 AM
    My husband applied and was told instantly
    • Sam29
    • By Sam29 13th Oct 16, 11:38 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Sam29
    • 13th Oct 16, 11:38 AM
    • 13th Oct 16, 11:38 AM
    I applied last month. Took 2 days after i received that email to receive another email confirming card limit. Received card few days after that.

If you dont hear anything its a good thing but how long depends of they need to check any details with you. If you have ok credit rating will be less than a week.
    • muhandis
    • By muhandis 13th Oct 16, 12:10 PM
    • 210 Posts
    • 82 Thanks
    muhandis
    • 13th Oct 16, 12:10 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 12:10 PM
    Every time I've applied for a card and it's gone to 'we'll let you know in 3/4/5 days', I've got a letter in the post in the next 3-4 days either accepting or denying my application. So on the plus side you should know either way in the coming week.

Of course if your credit footprint is light (assuming that from this being your first CC) then they might ask for ID/address proof in which case it might not be ready in time for your trip.

Hoping you did check your chances on the eligibility checker before applying.

Hi,

I applied for Virgin Money credit card this morning (first credit card). After completing my application, I received an email that said:

Thank you for applying for a Virgin Credit Card. We are considering your application based on the information you have provided, and will be in touch again soon.

Just wondered what other people's experiences are with Virgin Money applications and how long they take? Keen to get this sorted as I go on my honeymoon in two weeks and I need the credit card to secure our hire car when we are out there

Thanks!
    Originally posted by alice_gal
    • alice_gal
    • By alice_gal 13th Oct 16, 12:34 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    alice_gal
    • 13th Oct 16, 12:34 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 12:34 PM
    Thanks for the replies - just worrying about timing.

muhandis - yes I used the eligibility checker both on here and on the Virgin Money site before applying.
    • cooltt
    • By cooltt 13th Oct 16, 7:52 PM
    • 476 Posts
    • 232 Thanks
    cooltt
    • 13th Oct 16, 7:52 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 7:52 PM
    Hi,

Thanks!
    Originally posted by alice_gal
    It's an instant decision, with limit. If you have a dodgy credit file they do more checks.
    • mcpitman
    • By mcpitman 17th Oct 16, 8:10 AM
    • 391 Posts
    • 224 Thanks
    mcpitman
    • 17th Oct 16, 8:10 AM
    • 17th Oct 16, 8:10 AM
    It took secinds to get approved and transfer a balance when applying for mine.
    Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away. Like choking....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

272Posts Today

2,299Users online

Martin's Twitter