Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rfowler
    • By rfowler 13th Oct 16, 10:19 AM
    • 457Posts
    • 63Thanks
    rfowler
    ebay spreadsheet
    • 13th Oct 16, 10:19 AM
    ebay spreadsheet 13th Oct 16 at 10:19 AM
    Hi Guys,

I know some of you guys on here sell on ebay as a living, I wanted to know if you guys use a "special" spreed sheet with all your stock and how much you made and how much profit etc...

If you can share your knowledge or thoughs would be great
Page 1
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 13th Oct 16, 11:13 AM
    • 2,724 Posts
    • 1,616 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 13th Oct 16, 11:13 AM
    • 13th Oct 16, 11:13 AM
    Just remember that when you sell an item, it's not "profit", it's turnover. the profit is the bit your left with after all the costs and tax.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • mrcol1000
    • By mrcol1000 13th Oct 16, 11:19 AM
    • 3,977 Posts
    • 3,473 Thanks
    mrcol1000
    • 13th Oct 16, 11:19 AM
    • 13th Oct 16, 11:19 AM
    I use an excel spreadsheet. One for each month and one that has the year totals. I also set it up so I can see totals for each category. Plus profit percentages. It really depends on your knowledge of spreadsheets. You can find how to do anything on Excel on Google. But to get year end totals and totals for categories you need to use formula.

If you do not have Excel you do not need to rush out and buy it. Open Office t is a free version of Microsoft Office you can download. Or Google Sheets is also useful but only works online in your browser.
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 13th Oct 16, 12:57 PM
    • 2,724 Posts
    • 1,616 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 13th Oct 16, 12:57 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 12:57 PM
    The reason I make this assertion about profit is very important; you mention putting profit on the spreadsheet with your stock levels. Profit is something that is worked out with your accounts when everything else is worked out, normally at the year end.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • rfowler
    • By rfowler 13th Oct 16, 4:01 PM
    • 457 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    rfowler
    • 13th Oct 16, 4:01 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 4:01 PM
    Yes sorry ballisticbrian that is what I ment.

mrcol1000 I currently have excel installed on my machine; i was just wondering if someone did have a template that i could "use"
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 13th Oct 16, 10:56 PM
    • 2,724 Posts
    • 1,616 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 13th Oct 16, 10:56 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 10:56 PM
    Good luck with that. A spread sheet by definition is something you make to fit your needs.
    • mrcol1000
    • By mrcol1000 14th Oct 16, 10:59 AM
    • 3,977 Posts
    • 3,473 Thanks
    mrcol1000
    • 14th Oct 16, 10:59 AM
    • 14th Oct 16, 10:59 AM
    You could always try

www.upwork.com

I used to work for them designing spreadsheets for clients needs. You just specify what you want and then pick someone to do it. The payment is held until you confirm you are happy with it. I gave it up as there were people in the far east willing to work for a pound an hour getting all the work. On the bright side you could get one set up for you on the cheap.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

812Posts Today

5,797Users online

Martin's Twitter